“A "Deli" that can't do a Rueben....look out!”
Review of Momma Goldberg's - CLOSED

Momma Goldberg's
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Fresh steamed sandwiches in a casual setting. We offer crisp salads and soups. Catering available.
Reviewed March 6, 2012

I made the mistake of going at lunch time, and the place was semi busy but totally confused. People milling around, no place to order visibly maked, just choas. When I was able to place my order, I asked if the corned beef could be "shaved", which is the way I prefer it. Iwas told no as the meats were pre-sliced. I should have left. After a 10 minute wait, I recieved my meal and left. By the time I got to my car (directly outside door) the bottom bread had turned to mush. The meat was very thickly sliced,with gristle and fat amost totally inedible. It appears this place steams the meats going into sandwiches, and while "moisturizing" them, it makes bread liguid. A bad way to go. The bread for a rueben was literally toasted, in a toaster. Not on a grill. This place is a big miss. Since this visit I have noticed it appears the number of cars parked outside is dwindling...perhaps others ordered the rueben.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

It wasn't the worst but no better than rest. Long lines and just okay for what I had, A sandwich...........