“Nice dining for Couples” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bella's

Bella's
Ranked #25 of 223 Restaurants in Dothan
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Enterprise, Alabama
“Nice dining for Couples”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

I had heard of Bella's so I checked it out on-line. I was able to review their menu ahead of time and had a feel of what was going to be offered and the price points as well. I was able to request reservations on-line as well and received an email reply confirming our reservations a little later that day.

My husband and I met another couple here for dinner on a Saturday evening. We had already checked the menu out on-line, so we knew it would be a little pricey and we knew what our options would be. The atmosphere was nice. We were expecting live music, but their musician was out of town watching his son play college football, so they had good music playing through the speakers anyway and it was very enjoyable. (the website states they may not have live music depending on the musicians personal schedule-I totally understand, no problem for me!)

We were treated very nicely by the servers and we were not rushed at all, even when we finished our meal, we were able to sit and just enjoy our visit with friends.

We didn't order any appetizers, however, the table next to us had the Eggplant appetizer and it looked and sounded GREAT!! I will try it next time I'm there, my hunger meter just wasn't that huge on this particular evening and I wanted to enjoy my meal.

My husband ordered the Eggplant Parmasean and he loved it, said it was GREAT! I ordered the lasagna and it was good, nothing extra special. I also had a salad with italian dressing which seemed to just be EVOO. Our friends ordered the Chicken Marsala and a Mahi Mahi Special which looked delicious and he thoroughly enjoyed! They had brought us some bread and oil for dipping prior to our meal, but I felt like I needed a piece of bread with my lasagna.

I feel the atmosphere is more appropriate for couples/adults. We didn't see any children the night we were there, but did read other reviews which stated there were kids there....

If you're looking for a nice quiet evening alone with your date/spouse or just want a good evening with friends, this could be a good option. Just be prepared that the prices are a bit higher than your local chain restaurants would be, especially if you plan to order appetizers and alcoholic beverages.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Donna F

Tallahassee, FL
“Yummy Italian!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stopped by not knowing much about the restaurant. Was a little concerned because the menu had no prices, but we ordered an appetizer, 2 salads, 2 soups and a dessert and the final price was $60 including tip. The artichoke appetizer was excellent and the soups were delicious! What a little gem of a place:)

• Visited August 2013
Niceville, Florida
“Reservations needed, $$$$”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Let me be clear, I did not eat at Bella's. i am posting to let people know about Reservations and Pricing, because I couldn't find that information on my little phone. Based on TripAdvisor's recommendations I took my family there for dinner on our way through Dothan. The staff we met was friendly and willing to find a seat for us, but RESERVATIONS would have been better. I asked to look at the menu while we waited and got concerned when there were no prices listed. Red flag, this place is cha-Ching, which I love on a date, but not a family meal. A waitress allowed me to look at her special's list, which consisted of about 5 specials (3 or 4 of them were steaks), which ranged from $28-$40 per plate. We had to bow out this time. However,based on the friendly staff, inviting atmosphere, and great food smells, I think we'll try again when we're prepared to spend some money and time luxuriating.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Gradresearcher
Dothan, Alabama
“The Best!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

This food is the best. The eggplant as an appetizer is a must. Each choice on the menu is great. The service is excellent, top notch. We always have a great time dinning at Bella's.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank PARTYofSIXplusONE
Dothan, Alabama, United States
“Best Italian in the Wiregrass!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

If you are looking for a great romantic night on the town, stop here. When we arrived, a lady immediately dropped what she was doing to show us to our seats. We were surprised with a lady playing the harp, live! Beautiful background music. She played all kinds of songs that my fiancee and I knew. Our waiter was really nice. He always made sure our drinks were full and did everything in a timely manner. For the food, I had the chicken marsala and my fiancee had the fettuccine alfredo. Absolutely the best Italian I have ever had. When we left, all three chefs shouted from the kitchen, "Thank you! Come again!" I told them all that they were great and the food was delicious. They were very appreciative. I will be a repeat customer as long as they are open.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Josh W

Been to Bella's? Share your experiences!