“BBQ delight”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Sebring Fl
“BBQ delight”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Passed by here many times but never stopped til today.
Packed parking lot at 11am, but lots of eating area.
Lots of servers who are all super friendly.
Quick meal service.
Some of the very best I have ever had. I only put sauce on half of my chicken plate.
Wife had large chopped up pulled pork
Only disappoint was their famous strawberry short. It was good but more like a strawberry cake.

• Visited June 2013

Auburn, Alabama
“Old timey but not the best”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stopped by for a sandwich and was a little disappointed in the meat. To me "chopped" is small chunks of somewhat dry meat. Dobbs style was puréed and my preference is not soupy. Sauce was watery so all-in-all, I thought the meat was rather "average". I loved going there as I like he old fashioned and local atmosphere.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank loafin
Georgia
“Quite possibly the worst BBQ we have ever had.”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We should have trusted the reviews but my husband had been there years ago and wanted to try it on our way to the beach. The pork was like thick mush and the Brunswick stew was watery mush and neither had a good flavor. Neither of us even wanted to try the cole slaw. I had the vegetable soup and it was decent. After my husband tried his pork, he ordered some soup because he didn't want to eat the BBQ. I don't know how they ever get repeat customers. And it wasn't cheap either. The pork plate was 9.99 and Inedible. It's not that hard to make decent BBQ but Dobbs failed miserably.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank frazzledinptc
Dothan, Alabama
“Really good BBQ”
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I have lived in the area for years and just now tryed this place. I got it to go the other day. The sandwich was really good and the potato salad was great!! I don't think I would want to dine in though. It's to dated and country. The food is priced very well. This place stomps Larry's BBQ, but Smokey Joes is still my favorite!

Dothan, Alabama
“Local Flare”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Dobbs is Dothan's oldest restaurant and it hasn't changed much since it opened. The interior is not fancy, neither is the food, but if I want BBQ in Dothan I, without hesitation, come to Dobbs. The brunswick stew is delicious. Don't forget to ask if Mr. Lee Dobbs is in and if he'll show you the Hooie Sooie stick trick.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank travelfan3838

Been to Dobbs BBQ? Share your experiences!