“Large portions, friendly service”

La Parrilla Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 223 Restaurants in Dothan
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: For the best Southeastern Mexican zest, your first and only stop must be La Parrilla Mexican Restaurant. Since 1994, we have been serving up a Fiesta, with exciting and delicious menu items that are sure to enchant and fascinate our guests. Currently with 16 locations in Georgia, one in Dothan, Alabama and one in Greenville, South Carolina. We are a great place to go for ardent lovers of the Mexican Cuisine.Our Chef and staff welcome our new and returning guests by preparing authentic Mexican entrees such as succulent enchiladas, juicy and tender fajitas, quesadillas, burritos and nachos all cooked to perfection and served in a beautiful atmosphere just like in sunny Mexico.It is also our pleasure to now offer you our fantastic Catering Service. Our wonderful personnel will create an entertaining Latin Fiesta in your home or office. Whatever the occasion, our authentic Mexican favorites are always crowd pleasures and we serve it up in a festive style to spice up your event.It is always a Fiesta at La Parrilla!
Orlando, Florida
“Large portions, friendly service”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were driving through Dothan on a trip, and stopped to eat. This was suggested by a local resident.

• Visited July 2013

“They Aim to Please”
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Went here b/c it was close to Target and highly rated - not undeservingly!
Before 5pm M-F is half price margaritas and appetizers. Got the chicken tender apptz for kids to split (4 & 6 y.o.) and it was plenty. We had the Fresh Guacamole - made tableside - and OMG that was so freakin good! wife said she'd just get that for her meal next time. I got Combo 13 for $8.99 - burrito, enchilada, and releno - all were PACKED with meat. And cheesy.
Wife ordered $15 skirt steak - very tasty, but maybe a $12 steak? Decided at last minute to get dessert, despite being almost stuffed. BROWNIE was colossal and yummo. Flan was ok, but I'm no flan expert, so maybe it was really good? All told, tab came to $52. And my belly is ready to burst, which takes some doing for me :)
Def worth coming again. Also, manager came by multiple times to make sure everything was ok.

• Visited July 2013
Port Charlotte, Florida
“Great choice for Mexican!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We were staying overnight in Dothan on our way through the state and decided on Mexican food. There were 3 or 4 in town to choose from but after asking the Hotel Clerk, we decided to take her advice and try La Parilla. After all, she's a local, who would know better? Like others have said, we were seated promptly, greeted, our beverage order taken and chips and salsa on the table all in a matter of a few minutes. The food took a while to come out, (I suspect someone made an error but a forgivable one). But when it arrived, we were all very pleased with the quality, quantity and taste. We absolutely do not like chain restaurants, and basic Mexican foods and we were not disappointed. The sopa de Cameron (shrimp soup) is amazing as is the Fiesta Salad (salmon). Sadly for us, we were only passing through so we may never get another opportunity but we totally would recommend this restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
Hattiesburg, MS
“Worth a Visit”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

La Parrilla, part of a small, regional chain, is a busy restaurant, and it is easy to see why: good food, moderate prices, abundant food quantities, and a generous amount of excitement in the air.

Recently three friends and I decided to visit on a weeknight. We had early reservations, and we seated promptly upon arrival. The food was tasty, service was prompt and efficient, and we had ample food to take home afterwards.

Among our party, one couple ordered combination dinners: two tacos plus another entrée; one individual ordered the Burrito con Todo, and I had the Texas Fajita Quesadilla. All of us were pleased with our dinners, but my Quesadilla may have been the most liked dish of the evening. It was very tasty. I eagerly look forward to another one in the near future.

We were impressed with the quality of service—especially since the restaurant began filling shortly after our arrival. We were quickly served chips and salsa and not long thereafter, a refill came quickly too. Beverages and entrees also arrived in a timely way.

About the only negative I noticed during our visit was the general noise level. The sound system music was much too high on our arrival; later the sound abated a bit. Additional noise was created by the general noise level associated with a crowded restaurant. The various TV monitors did not aid in setting the mood for an evening of conversation.
While the restaurant noise level is not conducive to dinner conversation (live on certain occasions) it does make for a festive atmosphere. The restaurant probably appeals more to the younger crowd than to the senior crowd.

Nevertheless, being a senior myself, I definitely do not rule out a repeat visit. I would go early but I wouldn’t try to get into any deep, thoughtful conversations with my table partners.

• Visited May 2013
Enterprise, Alabama
“Good portions!”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We have tried several things from the menu and we've never been disappointed. I'm not a huge fan of their chili rellenos, but everything else I've tried has been REALLY GOOD!! You may have to wait to be seated, but it doesn't take too long to be seated.

Visited January 2013