“Overpriced - insufficient portions”
Review of Taj

Taj
Ranked #2 of 229 Restaurants in Dothan
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My husband and I were excited about this restaurant, before we tried the food. We got the appetizer platter and were very dissatisfied with the quantity and the quality of the offerings. Te sampler did not have at least 2 of each appetizer , the calamari tasted rotten and we had to spit it out. The sampler set us off 16 dollars! The entrees were better in flavor but came in very small portions so we paid almost 60 dollars and left the restaurant not satisfied and frankly feeling robbed!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

After a week of South Carolina Low Country fine cooking, our taste buds enjoyed the kick of some excellent Indian curries at Taj. Restaurant was pleasant with a lovely fire burning on a cool night. Saw the lounge area where one could also eat and the decor there was more luxurious. Only disappointment was that the food was served in attractive brass dishes but we ate with very cheap stainless utensils and on melamine plates. That was a letdown and didn't do justice to the wonderful food!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

the food was delicious. We went on a Saturday for lunch. Lots of servers everywhere. It's kind of a family style service so everyone can share.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have been going to Taj since it was open down town, the food has always been very good. There lamb gyro is to die for! This time was extra special because not only was it my family and I first time at the new location, but out waiter T.j was exceptional he took good care of us, my wife and I where there with our son and daughter "toddlers" and he even went and found something they could eat that wasn't on the kids menu yay! Taj has always been good, and just keeps getting better.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a very special dinner at the Taj restaurant in Dothan, AL. Their menu consists of pages of entrees that are Indian and Greek. Our waiter, Tim, helped make the dinner extra special for us. He was helpful, but never overbearing, in healing us choose the perfect combination of foods for two to share. We enjoyed lamb kabobs and vegetables, with perfect spices and tenderness, chicken tikka Masala, and perfectly cooked basmati rice. There were at least twelve choices for bread to go
along with it! We were never rushed, had excellent service, and as stated above, Tim was the perfect waiter. He seemed as pleased as we were with our choices and the quality of food. The ambience of the restaurant was special, too, with private tables with lovely pendant lighting over each table. We will be back the next time we are in Dothan!

Been to Taj? Share your experiences!