“Wow-only in the South do you get BBQ and great Indian food.”
Review of Taj

Taj
Ranked #4 of 227 Restaurants in Dothan
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2011

My wife and I tried Taj several months ago and it has become our favorite place to go and eat. I haven't tried the BBQ but the Indian food is great. The owner is warm, welcoming and very helpful. I'm a big guy, and I don't leave there hungry. The portions are in line with the prices. Loving spicy food like I do, they can tailor the spice level to your personal preferences. My wife doesn't do spicy but she loves how they do the food there. I like it as spicy as I can get it and am never disappointed. The Vindalu, Tiki Masalas, Naan bread, appetizers, and everything else is very good. I highly recommend it for the food and hospitality.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

This is now my FAVORITE restaurant in Dothan. My husband and I tried in out in January of 2011 and now eat there more than anywhere else. My favorite meals are their Lamb Gyro, Chicken Korma, and their Chicken Tikka Masala. We even enjoy their barbecue!

The owner is so friendly and helpful - especially when we have any questions about the food or what to try. Also, when we need extra rice to go with out meal, they are always happy to accommodate us.

The servings are comparable to every other Indian place I've eaten at - but the quality is even better! As the owner says, "It is cooked with heart".

1  Thank Heidi B
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Taj is my favorite restaurant in Dothan. It fulfills all my needs: food, atmosphere and service. I was originally drawn in because of the lunch special. Immediately, I was taken by the intimate greeting by the owner, Ritesh. He makes us feel at home, eat and enjoy bollywood music. Since then, we have been back almost a dozen times. We are treated royally, and our visits there are a much needed comfort amidst our busy schedules. In regard to some of the other reviews of this restaurant below, I have to say this...In my estimation, those few negative remarks sound like they are referring to another restaurant entirely. I have had only the most positive experiences at Taj. The food is flavorful, dependable, and offers a great variety to the diner. The service is impeccable, and the decor is charming. The music adds the final touch for a pleasurable evening out. I firmly believe that when one walks into a restaurant with a positive attitude and the expectation for a superb meal, one is virtually guaranteed to have one. We get back the energy that we put out. I am a musician by trade. My job is to make people happy. When I walk into a place, I have a smile on my face. When I walk out of Taj after having my dinner, I am always smiling!!!

2  Thank Richard D
Reviewed August 5, 2011

The food at Taj is excellent. I have tried several different items on the menu and always leave with a smile. I would recommend this food to anyone even if you have to drive out of the way to get there. It is well worth it. My favorites are the gyro and the rack of lamb.

2  Thank KevinP5101
Reviewed June 24, 2011

I LOVE their Indian food. No doubt that it is the best restaurant for delicious food!!

But the servings of the meat and veggie are so small. A chicken dish that is about $10 had 5 small bite-size chicken pieces cooked in little bit of curry( the whole thing was served in a tiny bowl that is about as big as my palm). Every time my husband and I go, the serving of the rice is decreasing too. We had to spend about $40 for only two people to eat dinner and still was not full!!!

I really hope that they will increase their portion... the flavor is 5 out of five. the service is 5 out of 5. the portion is 0 out of 5!!!!!!

2  Thank dearones2

Been to Taj? Share your experiences!