“Great steak”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My wife & stopped in on our way to Panama City & were not disappointed. We sat at the bar for about 10 minutes after we were told the wait would be 30 minutes. Service was excellent, attentive, but not overbearing. We both had salads,mine a side Caesar & it was quite good. We both had "Flo's filet" & it was tender, tasty & probably one of the best steaks I've ever had. A side of a sweet potato was delicious. The wine list is basic, but was adequate. We both left quite content & would return again.

There are newer reviews for LongHorn Steakhouse

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Normally a good restaurant, but any place can have bad days. We were seated promptly, but right next to the restrooms and a crying child, then forgotten. We left. My suggestion...clean the restrooms and don't seat couples near families with children.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Longhorn is a chain but it has high standards for a steak house. It ranks right up there with Outback. We've had filet, flat-iron, sirloin and NY strip...all god and cooked to order. Accompanying salad and potato are fine. Good service.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

My most recent visit to this Longhorn location was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. Considering that the visit was on a crowded, “special-occasion” evening, I give the restaurant high marks across the board in terms of food, service, and the handling of wait time.

My dinner companion and I have had consistently good experiences at the Dothan Longhorn. Even with the volume of business on this evening, this may have been the best meal ever at this restaurant. I know that my bacon-wrapped beef filet was the best steak I’ve had at any restaurant in the past year.

Both of us ordered the beef filets. They were flavorful and properly cooked (medium rare). The salads and side items were above average, but not exceptional. (As a personal matter, the seasoned fries were good, but a bit disappointing for me. I’m always searching for the “perfect” seasoning, and on this occasion I came up a bit short).

Considering the occasion, we expected a long wait. We were given a beeper and told that we would be seated in about fifty minutes to one hour. Bingo. At the fifty-five minute mark our table was ready. Unlike some restaurants, the Longhorn beeper has a good range. We were able to wait comfortably in our car. With conversation and good music, the time passed quickly. (More restaurants should have beeper signals that reach the entire parking area).

Ironically, Longhorn was not our initial first choice for dinner. Looking back, it is hard to imagine that our first choice could have provided a better experience. Fate was kind on this evening.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We have a lot of our family outing here. Food is usually pretty good & service is usually pretty good. It is definitely one of the better chains in Dothan.