“Best Service in the South!!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Dothan
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Chickasha, Oklahoma
“Best Service in the South!!!”
Reviewed July 29, 2010

Stayed 4 days with family and friends for our sons wedding. The staff of HGI went above and beyond to make everyone feel at home. From the front desk to housekeeping, it was by far the greatest experience we have had in our travels. Second night there the fire alarm went off at 3 AM, and the General Manager was on sight in less than five minutes. When we got up the next morning, we found that breakfast was "on the house" for our trouble. The rooms were great, the atmosphere perfect!!! If ever in Dothan stay at HGI on Hospitality Lane, you will discover that the location says it all about the Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Middletown, Rhode Island
Reviewed May 2, 2010

Based on the previous reviews, I was unsure of what to expect here. I had moved from the Marriott across town because it was under renovation. This hotel and its staff exceeded my expectations.
The room was clean and comfortable and the staff was very professional and friendly--giving excellent recommendations on where to go for dinner and when I discovered that the business center scanner was not set up (my only gripe during the stay), the part time weekend desk receptionist offered to scan my document at her other workplace on her way home (thanks, Amber!). Can't ask for better service than that! Her going out of the way allowed me to get a time sensitive document sent quickly. In fact, I was surprised by how friendly every member of the staff was--from the front desk to all the maids and wait staff in the restuarant, I was routinely greeted pleasantly and everyone seemed to enjoy working there.
The fitness center was one of the better fitness centers I've used in a hotel this size; in addition to cardio machines, there was a universal type gym and free weights (dumb bells). The pool was also nice.
Good location for access to restaurants, stores and the airport.
Overall, I was very pleased with the hotel during my 2-3 week stay--I would definitely stay here again!

San Diego, California
Reviewed April 29, 2010

I just had driven from Mobile, AL and am from out of state. I wondered where I would stay for the next two nights after having a bad experience at the Sleep Inn. I couldn't stay at the Sleep Inn, it was beyond filthy. Let me tell you, the employees at the Hilton Garden Inn were so nice and accomodating. The lady at the front offered me a cold bottle of water and a fresh baked cookie as soon as I walked in :) They rushed to get me a room and when I checked in everything was just like a nice Hilton Garden Inn room. When I come back I won't stay anywhere else. It was very clean, quiet, and centrally located...just across the street from a bunch of new restaurants and target, best buy etc...new mini-mall. Dothan is a lovely Alabama town :)

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed April 29, 2010

As a business traveler, I stay in many Hilton Properties. I did not find the staff as efficient and freindly as some other Hilton Garden Inns, but they were certainly competent. Room was clean and comfortable. Was relieved to find the hotal conditions were fine after some of the reviews.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed April 27, 2010

I read the other reviews about this hotel and thougt that I should comment on my stay. I stayed at this hotel on April 21-23, 2010. When I checked in the front desk attendent was very friendly and helpful with the questions that I asked. We checked into our room and found it to be very clean and comfortable. I do not know what others who have commented on this hotel standards are but, mine are very high and I have nothing to complain about. We had a room with two queen beds and after adjusting the beds according to the directions we slept very well. We also ordered room service one night and the food was good and arrived promptly. This hotel is also in a great location with Wal-Mart and Target very near and several resturaunts nearby. I also liked that we had a microwave and refrigerator in our room.

Alabama
Reviewed April 19, 2010

This hotel did not meet the "Hilton" expectations for us. The room was fairly clean. I wasn't sure if the bathroom had been cleaned between guest. The walls are paper thin. You can hear what the room next to you is watching on TV. We were also close to the elevators and could hear every conversation that took place. They also claim to have this wonderful bed and even give you info on how to buy one. It was horrible! It was the hardest bed I have ever slept on. Not to mention when you did lay down you could see a huge cobweb above the bed. The iron had something melted all over it and when I asked for a replacement they brought us one that had the water cap broken off. Needless to say we will not stay there again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
nathanb1, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dothan, responded to this review, June 9, 2010
While we strive everyday to exceed Hilton's standards for our guest, sometimes we stumble. It was unfortunate that your stay was less than satisfactory, however the weekend you were here we had several large groups which made for a challenging weekend as far a noise. Our Garden Sleep System beds are however fantastic. There is an adjustable dial on either side of the mattress, which when used properly, the bed will either depressurize, or repressurize to your comfort level. Unfortunately this style of bed is not for everyone. We did drop the ball with regards to our Housekeeping department. This is not the usual way that we treat our guest rooms. I would like to extend my sincerest apology, and offer our 100% Satisfaction refund which will be reflected on your credit card forthwith. Please be assured that this is not the typical HGI stay. We hope that you will give us a second chance and will be looking for your next reservation.

Nathan Beattie
Assistant General Manager
Hilton Garden Inn Dothan
Huntsville
Reviewed October 12, 2009

I am a Hilton Honors member and I have over 65 nights in Hilton properties this year alone. Usually, I am pleased with their properties, and with this one being brand new, I figured I'd enjoy it as well. Problem is, this hotel has bugs and ants. The manager moved me to another rooom and I had a cockroach in there as well. While the hotel gave me a free night to compensate me for the issue, the free night didn't benefit me. I was traveling on company business, so a voucher for a free stay at another location would have been more appropriate. I wonder if the president or CEO of Hilton were to stay there and experience these same issues, would he be taken so non chalantly? The location is great and the staff is friendly, but the property needs to be fumagated. This was my second stay there and I had bug issues both times. I hate bugs!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business