“Won't stay again”

Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Alabama
“Won't stay again”
Reviewed April 19, 2010

This hotel did not meet the "Hilton" expectations for us. The room was fairly clean. I wasn't sure if the bathroom had been cleaned between guest. The walls are paper thin. You can hear what the room next to you is watching on TV. We were also close to the elevators and could hear every conversation that took place. They also claim to have this wonderful bed and even give you info on how to buy one. It was horrible! It was the hardest bed I have ever slept on. Not to mention when you did lay down you could see a huge cobweb above the bed. The iron had something melted all over it and when I asked for a replacement they brought us one that had the water cap broken off. Needless to say we will not stay there again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
nathanb1, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dothan, responded to this review, June 9, 2010
While we strive everyday to exceed Hilton's standards for our guest, sometimes we stumble. It was unfortunate that your stay was less than satisfactory, however the weekend you were here we had several large groups which made for a challenging weekend as far a noise. Our Garden Sleep System beds are however fantastic. There is an adjustable dial on either side of the mattress, which when used properly, the bed will either depressurize, or repressurize to your comfort level. Unfortunately this style of bed is not for everyone. We did drop the ball with regards to our Housekeeping department. This is not the usual way that we treat our guest rooms. I would like to extend my sincerest apology, and offer our 100% Satisfaction refund which will be reflected on your credit card forthwith. Please be assured that this is not the typical HGI stay. We hope that you will give us a second chance and will be looking for your next reservation.

Nathan Beattie
Assistant General Manager
Hilton Garden Inn Dothan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Huntsville
Reviewed October 12, 2009

I am a Hilton Honors member and I have over 65 nights in Hilton properties this year alone. Usually, I am pleased with their properties, and with this one being brand new, I figured I'd enjoy it as well. Problem is, this hotel has bugs and ants. The manager moved me to another rooom and I had a cockroach in there as well. While the hotel gave me a free night to compensate me for the issue, the free night didn't benefit me. I was traveling on company business, so a voucher for a free stay at another location would have been more appropriate. I wonder if the president or CEO of Hilton were to stay there and experience these same issues, would he be taken so non chalantly? The location is great and the staff is friendly, but the property needs to be fumagated. This was my second stay there and I had bug issues both times. I hate bugs!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business