“My favorite hotel in dothan” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Dothan

Hilton Garden Inn Dothan
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Dothan
“My favorite hotel in dothan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great hotel, clean excellent customer service and I love the breakfast buffet. I staid in a standard King size room the first week and move to a suit the second week. Both were clean and well maintained.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kerry P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dothan, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us on Trip Advisor. We strive to exceed our guests expectations and are happy to hear you were pleased with your stay. We look forward to serving you again on your next visit to Dothan.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn is the best place to stay and the only full service hotel near everything. The hotel staff is excellent and the hotel is exceptionally clean and comfortable. Nathan at the front desk goes out of his way to accomodate and please. Amy in the restaurant will help make your dining experience enjoyable. Really enjoyable stay. I'll be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kerry P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dothan, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you taking the time to put them on Trip Advisor. I will pass your comments on to the rest of our team and will recognize Nathan and Amy for their great service. We look forward to seeing you again!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

My family has been visiting this hotel for 3 years as we return to Dothan 3 times a year. Our stay is usually a min of 3 nights. The rooms are always great, clean, and comfortable. However, the reason we continually return is Tracey and Amy, the ladies who serve my family in the dining room. These ladies greet my children with a smile and make a great cup of coffee for my husband. Chris, the chef, makes SPECTACULAR breakfast and my family truly enjoys it. (Note, had a different chef 3 of the 4 days at our recent Christmas visit (12/25 - 12/29) and the food was ok but once you have had Chris' food anything below that is disappointing). I recommend this hotel to all my family and friends.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kerry P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dothan, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment about our hotel and restaurant on Trip Advisor. I am especially pleased that you mentioned our staff by name. I will certainly pass your comments on to them. I am also pleased that you are a loyal Hilton Garden Inn Dothan guest and that you return to our property when visiting Dothan, this says a lot. Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you again on your next visit to Dothan!
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

I really enjoyed staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Dothan, Alabama from 12-6-8, 2012. The Hotel was very very clean & comfortable. Had a lot of amenities!!!!! Service and Personel was just Great!!!! We had a very comfortable stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Dothan, Alabama!!!!! I would Greatly recommend this Hotel to anyone!!!!! I want to thank everybody for their beautiful Hospitality and Service!!!!

Peace & Happiness
SharBaby (Sharon) Newport

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny!!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kerry P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dothan, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback and will share it with our staff. We look forward to serving you on your future visits to Dothan.
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Our room was very comfortable and clean. Liked the fresh duvet on the bed. The staff were super nice and very attentive. Helped with directions and anything else we needed. The hotel itself was very modern. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kerry P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dothan, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to future visits.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

If you're doing business in this area, you know the choices are somewhat limited. Dothan Airport is really expensive to fly into, so you probably flew into Panama City Beach. Then you drove the hour or so to Dothan. And when you finally get to your hotel, if it's the Hilton Garden Inn in Dothan, you'll be okay.

Rooms are clean and comfortable. Typical Hilton Garden variety (get it...'garden variety'? ha ha ha). The view isn't scenic, but the location is good. You're right off the expressway and close to everything. There is very convenient shopping nearby if you need to get anything or if you want to stock your mini fridge.

Just. Don't. Eat. Here. The food is lousy. They can't even make a decent breakfast (and my 14 year old can make me a decent breakfast). So that's saying a lot. Plenty of casual dining choices nearby, so take advantage of that.

Staff is okay, not great. Some are overly cloying and can make you a little nuts with their "SO! HOW WAS YOUR DAY?" when you walk past the desk. Others could stand to kick it up a notch. If they could take the desk staff. smash them all together and then recreate them from the smashed up product, they'd probably get the perfect blend of desk person.

My room was well cleaned every day that I was here, so I have nothing but kudos for the housekeeping team. I do always tip the housekeepers. If you haven't done it, you should. They work hard for low wages.

It would be nice if they would do something about the HVAC here. All it does is blow up into the curtains; you'd think Hilton would have this figured out by now but they don't seem to have done so.

Sleep Number bed is okay. Linens and towels are good. Bathroom lighting is fair; my overhead light didn't work in the bathroom.

Television channel line up is great if all you want is ESPN. I seriously think this hotel has more ESPN channels than any I've ever seen. At least six or seven.

I'd stay here again. But I'd never eat here. Take my word for it...eat somewhere else. An Egg McMuffin in the morning is better than what they make here. The dinner is equally bad.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be pretty much the same, but you may want to avoid the side that faces the car...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelMommy1
I want to personally thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us in Dothan. As the General Manager, it is very important for me to understand what the expectations of our guests are, and do my best to create the experience that the Hilton family of hotels is known for. Because our breakfast is cooked to order, our chef makes just about anything you would like, made the way you like it. I would love to be able to speak with you about your experience in our restaurant and what specifically we could do to make it better. We hope you will visit us again soon. If you have any additional comments or advice please feel free to contact me. I would love to hear back from you. Thank you again for your comments.
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

but bed was kinda uncomfortable...it was supposedly a sleep number bed, but we moved the dial all around and never did get it adjusted right...woke up with a backache. Our king-sized room had a shower, no bath. I went to the front desk and learned that only queen rooms had a tub. Not impressive to me. Also, our air conditioner was one of those that cycled on and off, you could hear it. Woke us up several times. If we stay in Dothan again (and most likely will) we will probably just stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites there. Same location, cheaper.......just as nice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I want to personally thank you for giving a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us in Dothan. I read your comments about our beds and was hoping that you could give me a little more information. Where you made aware of our beds and how they work at check in? Every room is equipped with the new Garden Inn Sleep System Mattress. The mattress has a dial that allows you to adjust the bed to the level of comfort you personally like and it takes a little time to reach the level you desire. Because of this, I am assuming you were not made aware of how the bed works and apologize if this is the case. As far as the AC fan cycling on and off, the unit does have a switch that can turn the fan off rather than auto if you prefer.
I hope you will give us an opportunity again sometime in the future and welcome any additional comments or feedback you have concerning your stay. My goal is to exceed your expectations. Thank you again for your comments.