“Great Stay!!”

Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
New York City, New York
“Great Stay!!”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I frequently travel to Dothan for business and this is my favorite hotel! The property is very well maintained. The rooms are clean and the beds are very comfortable. The hotel staff is always friendly and professional. Service is the BEST!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Kerry P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dothan, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you for taking time to put your comments on Tripadvisor and also for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn as your place to stay when you are in Dothan. We look forward to serving you in the future. Kerry Polyacko, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Jonesboro, Georgia
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The Garden Inn in Dothan Alabama was exactly what I expected as member of the Hilton Hotel Family. My room looked and smelled clean; with a king size bed, a large HDTV, a microwave, and a refrigerator. I have no complaints about of my accommodations. The receptionists were friendly, accommodating, and professional. There was a well-stocked bar and restaurant located in the hotel, but the prices tended to be a bit more than I was willing to pay. Fortunately, there were numerous restaurants located within walking distance. The exercise room was small but adequate. The weather was on the chilly side so I was not able to enjoy the outside pool. The only problem I ran into was that the hotel was located next to a major road and I found it very aggravating to cross at certain times of the day because traffic was very heavy. Over all I was satisfied with the Hilton Garden Inn and would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank arney121
Kerry P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dothan, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you so much for taking time to share your positive comments about our property on Trip Advisor. I will be certain to share them with our team. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Dothan.
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Clean rooms, staff was nice, especially Veronica, she was VERY pleasant and efficient. The decor is beautiful. Love that there's a fridge, microwave, and coffee pot in the room. Bathrooms are spacious enough. Beds are comfy and work like a Sleep Number. My only "concern" (if you want to call it that) is that the pillows are EXTREMELY soft, when you lay your head on them, they go almost flat. Not flat as in old, just a down like filling that doesn't support your head and neck very well. Some people like that down feel, but I had to stack two to even get to sleep. But this is just a personal preference, not a complaint by any means. I know not every pillow is gonna make every person happy, so this isn't an issue, just a mention so you'll know what to expect. I still gave it 5 stars and will just bring my own pillows next time. The property gives you a feeling of quality and polish without the price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AMF2662
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive comments on Trip Advisor and especially for recognizing Veronica. We put a note in your profile indicating your preference of pillows so the next time you are with us we will have the foam pillows in your room instead of the feather. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Kerry Polyacko, GM
Birmingham
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

I travel to Dothan often for business and this is my favorite hotel. The staff is very accommodating. I don't know everyone by name but Matt and Veronica are always very pleasant and friendly. The gym is nice size and there is an extra large eating area for breakfast and meals.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank deltaman
Thank you so much for taking the time to log on to Trip Advisor and share you positive comments. I also appreciate you recognizing our team members by name so that we could recognize them. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Dothan.
Hospitably,

Kerry Polyacko, GM
Greenville, SC
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The hotel staff is very friendly and welcoming. Each time we entered we were greeted with a friendly smile and welcomed. The hotel was very clean and we had everything we needed. The housekeeping staff was friendly and always smiled and greeted us. My kids thought the pool accessories provided the hotel were a very thoughtful touch. We had a large group for breakfast on Sunday morning and the staff was friendly and accommodating. The Hilton Garden Inn Dothan is a good ambassador for the HGI brand.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JacquiRRose
Wellborn, Florida, United States
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 days and it was great. Wonderful clean rooms, great internet access, and the staff was beyond great. The front desk called ahead for movie times, rent a car rates, everything. The front desk brought us water without asking to us while we were in the pool and took the time to blow up and bring toys/floats to the kids in the pool. Everything was clean and it was worth every penny. Have anything go wrong like we did (car trouble) and they are on the job to help get us help and extend any hands for us to be taken care of. I will ALWAYS stay here when I come into Dothan.

Room Tip: We had room 331 and it was quite, clean, great a/c, and two queen beds.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dawn E
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Reviewed June 27, 2012

You can check, I stay at lots and lots of Hilton Properties, this is the FIRST Hilton Garden Inn where the breakfast was guarded.

While I wasn't running late, I was working on a schedule. At THIS HGI, all of the hot food items are kept in the kitchen and you are at the mercy of first a waitress to seat you, then to come back and take your order, then to get you a cup of coffee, turn the order in, then to have it made, and then to bring it to you.

After I waited 15 minutes for scrambled eggs and bacon, then I left.

I have no idea why they operate this way, perhaps there is a problem with bacon theivery in Dothan that I had not read about.

The hotel was clean, room comfortable and clean, check in was fast and efficient.

I pay for brand consistency and this was a surprise.

Room Tip: fairly new Hotel, even numbered rooms XX6-X18 are overlooking the pool. 3 Floors.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Robert H
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dothan, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. Hilton has made some changes to the Hilton Garden Inn breakfast to get that consistency that you talked about. One of those changes is that the server or hostess should seat the guest and take their order. While waiting for their cooked to order hot breakfast, the guest should then be directed to help themselves to the cold items we have such as fruit, yogurt, bagels or danish. While I cannot change the way our breakfast is set up due to the new HGI Standards I apologize for you not receiving your breakfast in a timely manner. We value your business and would love to have you as our guest the next time your travels bring you our way. We will do everything we can to ensure you have a better breakfast experience. Thanks again for your feedback.