“Stay here when in Dothan, AL”

Hilton Garden Inn Dothan
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Pensacola, Florida
“Stay here when in Dothan, AL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2011

Outstanding hotel with a great staff. From the minute you walk in the hotel you feel welcome and a home away from home. Everything is clean and fresh and it was decorated beautifully for the Christmas season. The room was very clean, the Great American Grill had excellent food and the lobby was relaxing with the fireplace aglow. When traveling in Dothan, AL, this is the hotel to consider. Congratulations to GM Kerry Polyacko for assembling a great staff!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2011

As a business traveler and Honors Gold Member, I recently stayed at this Hotel for two weeks, and wasn't impressed.
One of the front desk clerks hit me up for tips on more than one occasion. He felt he was under paid to some degree in comparison to the restaurant staff?
I arrived at my room after a 14 hour day to find my bed pillows on the floor with my bed being half made.The bed totally sucked and other guests echoed similar thoughts. Add the shortage of amenities at various times to the list, and that equals to an unpleasant stay at this location.
I filled out the survey at the end of my stay and was called by Kerry (manager of some kind). She apologized on behalf of the staff and offered me additional honors points to help rectify the situation. I did not ask for or expect preferential treatment in this circumstance. The gesture was welcomed, but never happened either. My company has a big account with Hilton, but Marriott is getting close to being the preferred Hotel for our travels.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Kerry P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dothan, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
Mr. Lexow, Thanks so much for posting a review about our hotel and for taking time out of your busy schedule to speak with me last week. My apologies for you not receiving your bonus points yet but it does take one to two weeks before it will be reflected in your balance. We try very hard to ensure each guest gets the quality of service they deserve and are sorry we let you down. As we discussed in our conversation, I have addressed the issues you had and would love to have you as our guest the next time your travels bring you our way. We will do everything we can to ensure a perfect stay. We value your business and hope you will stay with us again. Thanks again.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2011

I was in Dothan for business with my wife. We needed a hotel that was clean, quiet and close to amenities. We were absolutely amazed with the quality and service.

The hotel is about 2 years old and the staff are very friendly in that southern welcoming style.

Highly recommend the King Junior Suite Evolution room. While it’s pricey for Dothan, the room had two separate areas – the living/lounge room and bedroom separated by the bathroom. Sounds odd, but it worked very well. Two TVs, a full size lounge, coffee table, a great workspace with an office chair that’s one of the best I have used, free WiFi and wired internet, free parking, plus lots more!

The good:
Too much to list here…
But double glazed windows and high ceiling gave a sense of space and peace & quiet.
The business center is complimentary with 2 x PCs and even has a colour laser printer!
Good fitness center

The bad:
Not much.
Compared to other hotels it’s slightly more expensive, but by the time you add in the extra costs (WiFi, parking etc) it’s pretty reasonable/

This place has changed my view on Hilton Garden inns.
(so much so, we are staying at another one in San Francisco!)

Room Tip: Go for the King Junior Suite!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

We stayed in this hotel during the weekend of August 20th and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by how nice this hotel was. We had a Jr. Suite which had a pull out sofa which was perfect for the 5 of us. The room was very spacious and the bathroom was nice.We had a Bed and Breakfast deal and it was well worth the money. The food was cooked to order and it was awesome! You could order whatever you wanted off of the breakfast menu and they brough it to do. This was definitely a huge perk.The hotel has a nice gym and Business Center as well.

The only reason that the hotel did not recive 5 stars was because we were not asked if we wanted bottled water, but it seemed as if everyone else was asked. The other family members that were staying in the hotel all received bottled water, but were not asked. Also, the pool is pretty small, but for Dothan it was fine. The only other thing was that the beds were a little too firm for me, but everyone else slept great.

Overally this hotel was great and I would definitely stay there again if ever in Dothan. it actually made me think of trying one in other parts of the US.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

Good location, clean, comfotable, friendly staff, nice pool, right off of main highway. My only issue was with the breakast staff each morning. They gave you the dirty eyeball if you didn't order from their stupid menu. I just grabbed fruit, yogurt, etc and they charged me $4.00 for it. Hampton Inn next door has free b'fast. Get over yourself!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

We loved this hotel. Great breakfast...omelets made to order! Rooms very nicely furnished. Staff very friendly and helpful! Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

My stay was for a business trip, so I was not looking for too many amenities. The staff was very pleasant and seemed to enjoy their job. I really liked the sleep systems. The room was clean, and the hotel location was also good.

I am a diamond member and was surprised my room was right next to the hot tub/pool area where noise might be an issue. I should have asked for a different room as soon as I saw this, but with the rain didn't expect too much noise. That was a bad call. If you are on a trip needing sleep between certain hours, I recommend moving if you are in on of the rooms next to the pool.

The morning of checkout, no one was at the front desk. I ultimately left my keys in the guest portfoilio since I needed to leave for work. I thought that was odd. The front desk staff was very attentive at check-in.

A nice room and very friendly staff. Just don't be afraid to ask for a different room if you really need to get sleep. I will definitely stay there again--will just make sure I have the right room.

Room Tip: Don't stay near pool if noise is a concern
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business