I do a lot of traveling. A lot. So when I'm on the road I've found most of the hotel chains offer the weary traveler pretty much the same level of comfort. Clean bed, fresh towels, little bars of soap...really what else is there?
I recently had to go to Dothan, AL on business. Lovely town with an abundance of hotels. So I began to call around to get the best rate. When I called the Country Inn and Suites, I was surprised when rather than reaching the usual bland, bored desk clerk, the manager Randy Brown answered the phone in a friendly, welcoming manner. Almost as if we had met before.. In addition to securing me a very competitive rate, he stayed on the phone, patiently answered all my questions and even told me where I would find the best BBQ in town.
After a long drive I arrived. When I walked in, everyone greeted me with a smile. A real one. Not one of those "Oh Gee, I have to smile at this guy." Randy checked me in, and showed me where the hot coffee and fresh baked cookies were. I was given a complimentary copy of USA Today, and was shown where their free library was should I need additional reading materials. When I asked what the wireless password was (how many of us have struggled with those?!) I was told there were none needed. All free. Just like the cookies.
My room was large, bed and the many pillows comfortable, towels plentiful, with a nice large TV. After a long day on the road, I slumbered as if I were in my own bed.
The next day I was pleasantly surprised to find more friendly staff assisting guests with a delicious breakfast buffet.
I spent four nights at the Country Inn, but it felt more like staying over a friend's house. The staff always greeted me by my first name, and Randy was extremely helpful in providing local information. He was always present, never hiding in his office doing "work".
I want to thank CJ, Savannah and Kim W who manned the front desk and kept the coffee hot and cookies plentiful. Kim B manned the spotless breakfast buffet and both Tiffany and Yuphin kept my room spotless and kept me in fresh towels.
If you are going to Dothan, I have to enthusiastically recommend the Country Inn and Suites. This is coming from a man who was a travel writer for years.
p.s. The manager Randy, could manager any Ritz hotel blindfolded!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Country Inn & Suites, Dothan, AL, we welcome you and your family with complimentary cookies and coffee in the lobby. Recharge and refresh after a long drive on U.S. Route 231 with a plunge in the heated indoor pool or a workout in the fitness center. If you need to relax, curl up on your room’s plush mattress and drift off to sleep watching your favorite show on satellite TV. You can also stay productive by connecting to free Wi-Fi in our hotel’s business center, open 24 hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dothan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Dothan Hotel Dothan
- Country Inn And Suites Dothan