“Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2011

Hotel staff was great. Rooms were nice, comfortable and clean. My son definitely enjoyed the indoor pool. He didn't care too much for the breakfast selection but I did not have a problem with it. Across the street from the hotel was a restaurant Crystal Rivers. The best seafood I had in a very long time.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2011

came in town for two nights for a wedding. recd a discounted rate with wedding party. stayed in a 2 room suite. very clean and quiet. breakfast included but i slept way to late to give it a try. easy check-in and check-out!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Vilseck, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2011

I stayed here with my husband while I visited Fort Rucker. First of all there was a Children's sports team there who were just totally taking over the lobby area and halls. Not just the small children but the parents as well. Children running up and down the halls. Needless to say, we avoided the hotel that night as much as we could. As for breakfast, We had to fight for food while the group constantly reached in front of us for things. Apparently, if you are there with a group, it gives you the right to take over everything in the hotel. So we managed to make it out with very little food to share to be told we were not allowed to take it up to our room. We had to sit in the crowded breakfast room where the team had taken over the tables. But the real kicker is.... we both became severely ill that day. And the reason why I know it was breakfast, is because that is the only thing we both ate that was the same that weekend. FUN.
I understand that large groups generate revenue for hotels, but it should not be at the expense of other guest's satisfaction.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2011

On a trip to Florida at the end of January 2011, we stayed one night at this hotel, as sort of the "half-way" point on our trip from Indianapolis. We were pleasantly impressed with everything: the rate, the cleanliness, the courteous and knowledgeable staff, and the breakfast buffet. We will not hesitate to stay at this inn again. We hightly recommend it. So much, in fact, that a month later upon our return trip home, we went a different route and purposely made a reservation at the Country Inn & Suites in Chattanooga, TN. Same story there as with Dothan. Thank you, Carlson, for still providing outstanding hotels that can be depended upon when making a reservation.

Room Tip: Look for the Carlson Country Inns.
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Madison, AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2011

The room was clean (not just smelled clean, but clean). The bed was comfortable. location was great. Many areas to eat near by. They had an indoor pool that we did not get a chance to use (we were to tired). We will stay here again. We have to make a 14 hour trip once or twice a year to West Palm Beach. This hotel has now made the list of stopping points for rest and relaxation. The staff was friendly and up beat (professional appearance also). The bath room was CLEAN. Cleanliness is a big deal to me! The bathroom had a large counter space to place our items on. The only negative- the blow dryer (I should have brought my own), was not great. Other than that, this place was perfect. I was the one who checked into our hotel. My husband forgot the room number and approached the desk. They were considerate enough to call me and verify that he was my husband without just disclosing my information to some stranger. Once again, great staff!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Mooresville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2011

A nice, new hotel, with a spacious room having modern decor and a flat panel TV. The cleanliness was top-notch! The room was equipped with a microwave, coffee maker & frig. A large desk with free wi-fi was a plus. There was plenty of room in the bathroom with a large granite counter top for all your personal grooming needs. The only slight disappointment was the shower water pressure. Assuming the shower head had a water-saver feature, it was slightly irritating. Mgmt said not a lot could be done about it which we understood completely. There are plenty of restaurants close to the hotel with a shopping mall around the corner. Overall our stay was pleasant and comfortable!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2011

The front desk staff was friendly and nice. I liked the room, it was nice and clean. It was very spacious. I took my two small children. They had alot of room to run around in. I loved the indoor pool. It just was not heated. Overall I enjoyed myself.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family