“Good hotel for the area”

Comfort Suites Dothan
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel one night on December 3rd 2013, the hotel seems a bit newer although was a little off the main strip and if you were not aware that it was there, you probably wouldn't notice it. The hotel itself is nice and clean, the rooms were in good repair and is everything that I would expect from a mid to upper level three star property. It is very convenient to nearby shopping and a multitude of restaurants and a grocery store and drug store within walking distance. the breakfast in the morning was a little bit on the smaller side and was a bit disappointing compared to what I am used to at this level. Check in and check out one quick and easy. I have stayed at other properties in this area, and for the price this is a property that I will definitely return to in the future.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
scherrie11, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dothan, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Thank you for writing such an awesome response for our property. It is our mission to WOW each guest from the time they enter the door until the time they leave. We are currently working on updating our breakfast options to better satisfy our guests. We look forward to your return visit to our property!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

From the moment you enter the door and ate happily greeted by the smiling clerk you will have hit the jackpot staying here! Very clean, well lit parking lot,
Luxury bedding, thick towels, extra in room amenities, microwave, Refrig - just fabulous- look no further!

• Stayed: October 2013
scherrie11, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dothan, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay at Comfort Suites Dothan. We love our guests and appreciate feedback as it lets us know what areas we need to improve on for an excellent guest experience. Please feel free to stop by on your next trip to Dothan, as we are eager to make your next trip an even better experience!

Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Clean rooms, extremely friendly staff, & a quiet location made for a great stay. The hotel is placed conveniently near a mall & many quality restaurants. Breakfast was remarkable, including crispy bacon, waffles, eggs, & more. The staff all provided excellent customer service.

• Stayed: October 2013
scherrie11, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dothan, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Ms. Hughes,

Thank you for your awesome review of Comfort Suites Dothan. I read the review to the staff to show them the importance of customer service and they were proud that you complimented them on their efforts. We do hope that on your next trip to Dothan, AL, you will make Comfort Suites your first choice for lodging accommodations!

Comfort Suites Dothan

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Our second stay here. The bed was so comfortable we looked under the sheet to find the mattress. It was a Serta designed to sit on a solid platform instead of a box spring. I slept well and did not have a back ache in the morning as is usually the case. I will change my beds back home when I return. Friendly staff. Good location. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: We were on the street side. Traffic noise might bother some, but I slept so well I didn't hear...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
scherrie11, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dothan, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dennis,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Comfort Suites Dothan. Our number one goal is for guests to feel at home and get a good rest while traveling on the road. It makes me feel good that we had bedding so comfortable that you would want it at your home! We appreciate our guests, and hope you will choose us again upon your return to the Dothan area.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My family stopped here on our way from TN to FL. Our room air conditioning was not working, and we were promptly changed to another room. The accommodations were clean and the bed was VERY comfortable. I have had better breakfast buffets and similar Comfort Suites. They ran out of the sausage and eggs at 8:30. We got the last little bit, and everyone after that I guess just had other items. Staff was friendly.
The best part of this stay was the cleanliness and the Westin-like beds. Would recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
scherrie11, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dothan, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

First of all let me thank you for taking the time to write a review on Comfort Suites Dothan. We appreciate our guests and want them to feel at home each and every time they enter our doors. I do apologize for your breakfast experience, but guarantee that you will be delighted on your return trip to the Dothan area. Thank you for choosing Comfort Suites for your lodging needs in the Wiregrass!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have been in our room for a few hours, and I am blown away at the cleanliness of the room and entire hotel. I cashed in ChoicePrivileges Reward Points; so it is a free stay. The staff accommodated my request of room location. We had a suite style room with a partition of a sofa couch, coffee table and two double beds, closet, Mini fridge, microwave, Office Desk, Large Bathroom.

Folks, I have made lots of reviews on trip advisor and I can't recommend a better hotel than the Comfort Suites in Dothan Alabama.

It is pet friendly as well. Lots of open space as of 9/2013 for your dog to run around and use the bathroom. Off the road just enough to feel safe with your 4 legged pals.

For a choice hotel, it is as good as it gets.

The only negative, was it seemed to take a bit to get room the Cooled off. Office chair showed some wear, remote was dead. but thats minor. Pool was clean looking, lobby great. It's great!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank wingslogo84
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We randomly picked this hotel on our way from AR to FL using a roadside hotel coupon book. We were pleasantly surprised. Clean, comfortable, free/easy internet. Nice breakfast. Workout room. This place is very nice for a budget priced hotel. Obviously, it is not a luxury brand, but it is perfect for the budget-conscious traveler who wants a decent place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family