“Nice Stay”

Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Carterville, Illinois
“Nice Stay”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We had a pleasant stay at this Comfort Suites in Dothan. The room was large, clean and the beds were comfortable. Would stay here again. Grandson slept on the hide-a-bed and said it was comfortable also.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Locust Fork Alabama
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed ant the Comfort Suites Dothan Alabama for 1 night. I have stopped staying at Choice Hotels over the last few years because some of them are quite frankly really bad. Since We were only staying 1 night in Dothan and the reviews of this Hotel were good I decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed. This Hotel is new and very nice. Our room was squeaky clean. The Beds and pillows were very comfortable. Our room had a small separate area with a couch which was nice. The free breakfast was also very good. I couldn't find a single problem or one complaint about this hotel. It is down a side road off of Hwy 231 a couple of blocks so unless your looking for it you might miss it. I would highly recommend this Hotel.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Me and my family stayed here for 2 weeks to visit family. Everyday they would come to clean my room at 8 in the morning. I would ask for them to come back later. They would ask what time and I would say about 10. They would say ok. Well we come back at 2 in the afternoon thanking the room would be cleaned. Nope. No towels, no toilet paper, and trash not taken out. So I go to the front desk and they say since I didn't want my room cleaned at 8 in the morning it wasn't going to happen. They did bring towels and toilet paper after that. Next morning they don't even knock on the door asking if I want any service. I had to take my own trash out to them. So I go talk to a manager and she makes me feel like I'm in the wrong. I'm the customer and they should work around my schedule. They definitely shouldn't make me feel like crap for wanting my room cleaned., If you like to sleep later than 8 while on vacation and still want a clean room DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

1 Thank Faith R
Brandon
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This not the first time and will not be the last time. I loved everything about it, my family and I, when we visit, this Comfort Suites, sets the standards for them all. I am not going to encourage that this "Comfort Suites" or any increase prices or take away discounts. I do however encourage others "always respect where you" and there will be blessings that follows, and to keep in mind that "Courtesy is Contagious".

Room Tip: If at all possible, contact the Location you wish to stay in advance, and let them know your family...
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Overnight stop on our way to FL. We had two rooms. Check in was quick and easy. The rooms were typical for this chain. The beds and linens were clean, the carpets were noticeably dirty as was the bathroom floor. I ended up cleaning the floor and reducing strip to the bathroom and the washcloth was black by the time I was done. The carpeting in the hallway was very dirty as well.

The rooms had little noise from the outside and it was very nice.

I would stay here again,but would be hesitant to pay over $100 for the room again.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Dothan was the final night of a cross-country trip. We were tired, had stayed in some not-so-great hotels along the way. So this was the jewel -- the best hotel of the bunch.

It's pretty new, so everything is clean and modern/updated. The rooms were huge, and nicely decorated. The bed was comfortable.

The hotel location is good -- near a mall and a number of restaurants. There's even a grocery store across the street if you want to pick up some fruit or snacks.

Breakfast was good, consistent with what you'd expect from a free breakfast.

For two weary travelers with a lot of miles on them, this was the perfect hotel. I hope my travels take me to Dothan again -- seems like a nice area -- and if I go there, this will be my first choice.

Room Tip: It goes without saying -- try to avoid a room that is next to the ice machine!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Kudos to the staff of this comfort suites. From the very kind young lady who checked us in to the wonderful older lady who managed the breakfast area the next morning. Lobby was very well kept. Room was clean and comfortable. Bed was firm. Sheets and towels were fresh. PLENTY of restaurants and shopping around.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family