Comfort Suites Dothan
$159
Travelocity
$61
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront deskhandicapped accessiblefamily outinghotel staff was very friendlybusy roada long road triproom was cleanspent one nighta great staynice hotelovernight staysitting arealots of restaurantsenjoyable stayplace to stayfresh fruitpanama city
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Overnight stop on our way to FL. We had two rooms. Check in was quick and easy. The rooms were typical for this chain. The beds and linens were clean, the carpets were noticeably dirty as was the bathroom floor. I ended up cleaning the floor and reducing strip to the bathroom and the washcloth was black by the time I was done. The carpeting in the hallway was very dirty as well.

The rooms had little noise from the outside and it was very nice.

I would stay here again,but would be hesitant to pay over $100 for the room again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Dothan was the final night of a cross-country trip. We were tired, had stayed in some not-so-great hotels along the way. So this was the jewel -- the best hotel of the bunch.

It's pretty new, so everything is clean and modern/updated. The rooms were huge, and nicely decorated. The bed was comfortable.

The hotel location is good -- near a mall and a number of restaurants. There's even a grocery store across the street if you want to pick up some fruit or snacks.

Breakfast was good, consistent with what you'd expect from a free breakfast.

For two weary travelers with a lot of miles on them, this was the perfect hotel. I hope my travels take me to Dothan again -- seems like a nice area -- and if I go there, this will be my first choice.

Room Tip: It goes without saying -- try to avoid a room that is next to the ice machine!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Kudos to the staff of this comfort suites. From the very kind young lady who checked us in to the wonderful older lady who managed the breakfast area the next morning. Lobby was very well kept. Room was clean and comfortable. Bed was firm. Sheets and towels were fresh. PLENTY of restaurants and shopping around.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Did a layover on the way to Florida and found this inn better than a lot of the same chain. Desk attendants were courteous and helpful. Room was clean and fresh. The breakfast bar area was very clean, well attended, and satisfactory food.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 26, 2012

The hotel is conveniently located on the Northwest side of Dothan. There are a lot of restaurants, store and shopping centers in the area. The building is attractive and the grounds are clean. Plenty of parking. The staff was very pleasant. The “free breakfast” was typical. The breakfast room was clean and attractive. The room was quiet, secure and clean. The bed was comfortable but the furniture was showing some wear and “dings”. The desk chair was wobbly and uncomfortable. In the morning when I got into the tub I was not able to divert the water to the shower head. I showered myself with a cup! It was not worth the $90.00 plus tax for one night.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bob D
Kim W, Manager at Comfort Suites Dothan, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Thank you so much for your review on Trip Advisor. I appreciate you being a guest of ours. I know that queit, clean, comfort, and customer service are the top priority when traveling away from home. I wanted to apologize about our showers....they can be tricky sometimes as they are some of the new brands of faucets that you have to pull down for the shower to start. We hope you give us a try again when traveling through Dothan. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me...

Kim Waters