“Slow service”
Review of TOP THAI

TOP THAI
Ranked #78 of 226 Restaurants in Dothan
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The service was pretty slow and I was the only one in the restaurant just after the lunch hour crowd and after a doctor's appointment. The food was not bad, but nothing to write home about.

1  Thank Sharon W
There are newer reviews for TOP THAI

Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

We've visited this restaurant occasionally over the past few years and this last visit may be our LAST visit...

The menu appears to be the same, but...
At 5 pm we were the only customers. The Spanish-speaking staff (of only 2 or 3 people) brought the meal out one plate at a time, and still messed up the order.

The hot tea (Oolong) was not very good, and when asked what kind it was they didn't know, nor have any other kind. After the kids spilled some, we asked for another pot and they used the same 2 tea bags and --I think-- charged me for another pot.

Also of note: had to ask repeatedly for extra bowls to share the soup (which comes in a Giant bowl itself), did NOT get any refill on the ice water, and had to wait 5 mins for the check and takeout box with kids running amok, baby crying, while waiter served ONE other table, walking past us multiple times.

For 2 adults and 2 kids (who only had spring rolls and shared soup), $45 seems a little outrageous, especially considering the sorry service. Too bad the food was still delicious.
We had Coconut Milk Soup with Chicken, Chicken & String Bean, and Grilled Eggplant with Chicken & Basil, along with Spring Rolls.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

To me it was nothing special. Nice decor but I was there for food. Expensive? My kids n wife didn't like fit also.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

The restaraunt is very pretty and clean. The service is top notch. I have never had a bad experience here. I usually have the jasmine tea (iced) and Chicken with lemon grass with Thai spicy salad. Excellent. The salmon is great. Also volcano chicken. One of the main attractions is called Mango Sticky Rice. I would have NEVER tried this but the waiter seemed to think I would love it and he hadn't steered me wrong yet. OMG that dessert is so good. I am not alone in this opinion as they are often sold out of it. You will definitely enjoy eating here.

Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

The dumplings are probably the only reason I drive way outta my way but they are worth it:) they also have excellent pad Thai and other dishes. It's not fussy like the other Thai options in Dothan. It's amazing. Go right now:)

Been to TOP THAI? Share your experiences!