“Just ok”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stopped here on the way back from a trip. I had remembered seeing this place on Food Network, so we pulled in to give it a try. My husband and I both ordered the BBQ plate. My personal opinion of the sauce and meat is it was just ok. Not the best but not the worst. The cole slaw was wonderful! I also had the onion rings which were pretty good. The staff was friendly and always checked in to make sure we didnt need anything else. I probably wouldnt stop here again to eat but then everyones taste of BBQ is different.

There are newer reviews for Smokin' Jack's Bar-B-Que

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Smokin' Jack's Bar-B-Que was not what I expected. The meat did not have a grilled smoked taste and the side items were not seasoned very well.

Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Stopped by smokin jacks on the way home from a week of good and bad seafood in destin and was really looking forward to some good bbq here to kind of cleanse the palate. Well, I was sorely disappointed. The atmosphere was nice, a real hometown place where everyone knows everybody and the waitress and servers were really great. It's just the bbq....it wasnt very good, average at best. We got bbq nachos for appetizer which was ok, wife got a loaded chicken potato which she said was good, but my chopped pork sandwich fell flat with no smokiness, little bark, and was greasy, which is hard to understand seeing as how it was "smoked". The slaw was excellent tho, and had me wishing I had just ordered a large bowl of it alone. My son loved his cheeseburger, and ate every single bite of it. The bill wasn't bad at 30 dollars. I would probably go back, but would avoid their pork.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

The service was not the best but the food was really good! We had a large party so maybe thats what took so long. Everyone loved everything they got. From ribs to fried green beans to grilled catfish to stuffed potatoes. Dont just go for the bbq try there other items!

Reviewed March 23, 2012

Very good pork BBQ and bountiful side dishes. Well worth a visit for lunch.