Greenwood Inn & Suites
$58
Agoda.com
$83
SleepInn
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 7, 2011

This is exactly as you would expect. A large motel, plenty of parking, a large, dated and rather drab room, fairly average bathroom, clean pool (to the very front), clean reception and a below average continental breakfast.

For a stop over with not much around it is fine.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Harleyclarkey
Reviewed May 30, 2011

The staff was very nice and helpful Room was ok. It got a bit noisy at night. We had problems with hot water but management fixed it promptly. Can't be positive, but we think my husband got very sick on the sausage and biscuit that had been sitting out at room temperatue. Also the milk and oj were not cold. Also the toilet in the room was very stained and looked bad.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PJB888
Reviewed July 21, 2010

We arrived in town on July 16 2010 for the Babe Ruth 13 year old State Tournament. Our group reserved approximately 10 to 15 rooms. Check-In was quick. Only one key was available for our room but the manager delivered another key to our room later in the evening. Keep in mind that this motel is old and was renovated in 2009. Not sure how extensive the renovation was but the motel has definitely seen better days. Our room was small but sufficient. As requested we were given a non smoking double room. The motel allows animals so I was concerned that we would be given a room covered with pet hair/dander, etc. But that was not the case. In fact, our room was very clean considering the majority of the people that stay at the Greenwood Inn are construction workers. Sure, people were partying and grilling in the parking lot but they pretty much minded their own business and never bothered the kids. I heard various complaints from other parents concerning problems with their rooms (no light bulbs, sink leaking, no faucet on the tub, stained sheets, etc). The motel does provide a nice free breakfast (cereal, waffles, juice, milk, muffins). The motel also let the team use the conference room for meetings and other meals. Room keeping always provided clean towels. The a/c worked very well. Overall I consider the Greenwood Inn a decent place to stay. Our room rate was $59/night. Hey, it's not the Ritz Carlton but considering the small amount of time we spent in the room, it was perfect. P.S. The team loved the pool.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Tuscaloosa, AL
Reviewed July 1, 2004

I stayed here during the crawfish festival, and the hotel was alright. The rooms were clean. They had a pool but didn't have it open yet. The only thing I didn't like was the man at the front desk. It was older couple working there, and they weren't too friendly and stared at me when I went to my room. I recommend this hotel, just watch out for the man at the front desk!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member