“Good sleeper.”

Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Decatur
Georgia, United States
“Good sleeper.”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Good hotel for the money and great bed! The best part is they take pets, too. Breakfast wasn't organized and slow. Staff was extremely helpful and would recommend Best Western anywhere in the US that we have traveled from Montana to Virginia, Wisconsin to Florida.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jim L, General Manager at Best Western River City Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review. I'm glad you were pleased with our hotel and enjoyed your visit. If we can ever be of assistance in the future we'd love to have you back.

Thanks again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Columbia, United States
Reviewed July 9, 2014

very good value and great service from staff, breakfast was good but typical, furniture arrangement needs to be better in room, evening cookies were great !! good location near resturants and major roads and easy access from the highway. would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jim L, General Manager at Best Western River City Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Since you mentioned the adjacent restaurants I hope you took advantage of the 10% discount Logan's Steak House offers our guests. We look forward to serving you again in the future. Thanks again.
Pensacola, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2014

The staff at the front desk were very helpful and friendly during my entire stay. They provided maps of the area and suggestions for dining. The breakfast was good and the lobby and breakfast area were always clean and inviting. Room access was from inside, making me feel more secure. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

It was wonderful to read your great comments about our hotel and our staff. We appreciate your business and are thankful that you took the time to share your positive experiences by completing a TripAdvisor review.

I hope you come back to see us on your next visit to Decatur as we'd love to serve your lodging needs in the future.
Northport, Alabama
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

I stay at hotels regularly- at least twice a week- for my job. I was surprised, then, after reading all of the favorable reviews from other guests, as this property is not one that I would rate so highly in comparison to my other stays at other properties in other cities. I will say, that it is almost impossible, evidently, to find a hotel in Decatur, AL that is clean, convenient, updated, has great customer service and is reasonably priced. I guess I'll have to start taking others reviews with a grain of salt. The smoke smell is true, though. The property is dated. The furniture old. The carpet worn. Wallpaper peeling. Ceiling tiles very low in the bathroom (I could push them up while I was in the shower). The rooms were clean other than the cosmetic issues above. The staff was just "friendly", but not outgoing and not even slightly apologetic when I had to change rooms at 12:45 am because the air conditioner was making the most horrendous racket I've ever heard. First, they offered to discount my room. Which would be fine if 1. I didn't need to sleep (and discounting the room does nothing to aid in sleeping!) and 2. If I was paying for my room to begin with (my company pays for my lodging). I was told the only other room available was a smoking room (what hotels still have smoking rooms?!). When i expressed my frustration, I was given the option to take a jacuzzi room. I had to get dressed, pack up my 3 bags and head down stairs to drop of the old room key and pick up the new one, then go back upstairs and unpack. I am now wide awake and not looking forward to breakfast or the coming day of work and driving. I will stay at the Hampton next time (which is always booked, and now I know why) or just make the 20 minute drive from Huntsville.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Jlecs
Jim L, Manager at Best Western River City Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review regarding your stay at our hotel. I apologize for any inconveniences you encountered and regret that we failed to meet your expectations. Obviously the first room you were assigned to had several issues and should not have been in service. I agree that the problems noted in your review were not acceptable nor were they typical of the normal experience the vast majority of our guests encounter which is why we upgraded you to a suite and offered a discount.

I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again so you can enjoy the typical guest experience that has resulted in the many positive reviews you noted reading about our hotel.
Walhalla, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Husband and I had a meeting to attend in Tuscumbia,AL. This motel was a short drive to Tuscumbia. I called enroute to alert the staff we would be midnight or later arriving due to traffic delays. Room was ready and our registration complete for me to sign as we walked in. Breakfast was typical continental fair, fresh and hot.
Staff were friendly but not intrusive. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Jim L, General Manager at Best Western River City Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
We were happy to be able to accomodate you on your visit through Decatur in route to Tuscumbia. We appreciate your positive comments and hope we can serve you again at some time in the future.

Atlanta, United States
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Very clean property with a dynamic and helpful staff. The breakfast is well prepared and the breakfast chef is always smiling and a real credit to the chain. I did not pick up her name but the property is well run with a helpful staff and it is located on the Beltline in a convenient location neareswt the river.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your gracious comments. Its our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Decatur.

Highland
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed here four nights for a family wedding. The room is very basic but does include a small frig and a microwave. It was clean. The beds were fine. The staff is way above average! They were very friendly and whenever we had any kind of request they were on it immediately. I have waited a LONG time for an extra set of towels or bedding for a sofa bed at other places. Here they were at our door practically before we hung up the phone. The free breakfast is fairly standard but did include eggs, sausage, and waffles to make. It was pretty quiet and the non-smoking room did not smell like someone was smoking there last night. This is not fancy but it was fine and a good deal.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Jim L, General Manager at Best Western River City Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for offering your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. We're glad that you found our hotel a good price value and we appreciate your comments about how attentive and responsive our staff was. We hope we can serve you again at some time in the future.