“Best Western Decatur Alabama”

Best Western River City Hotel
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Decatur
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I hadn't used Best Western in a few years because I had the impression their properties were getting old and not being updated. I am normally a Hampton user. I was pleasantly surprised with the Best Western River City. Large clean rooms, very friendly and courteous staff. Very nice breakfast selection. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Dana M, General Manager at Best Western River City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you so much for the opportunity to show you what an outstanding property we have here at Best Western in Decatur, Alabama!! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to your return visit!!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

The staff is always pleasent and work with you in making your stay enjoyable.
I enjoy using the gym the hotel purchased a membership at for their customers!!
Great selection for their breakfest items.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

On behalf of the staff at Best Western here in Decatur, Alabama, thank you so much for providing positive feedback regarding your stays at our property!! We always look forward to your return visits to see us when you are working in the Deatur area. We feel that the hot breakfast & off-site 24/7 gym pass is just one of the many amazing amenities and services we offer for our guests.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

My sister and I stayed a week at the Best Western in Decatur, the staff was amazing, check in was easy, housekeeping were great, the room was clean, the beds were comfortable, anything we needed during our stay we received it. I cannot say enough how great housekeeping and the staff were, they were friendly, and made our stay worth while. I will return again.

Room Tip: Room on 3rd floor west side, very quite
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Dana M, General Manager at Best Western River City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

On behalf of the entire staff at Best Western in Decatur, Alabama...Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. We strive to make each of our guests stay a positive experience, so its nice to know that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to your next visit!!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

we spent the week before at another hotel in this area that was just dirty....when we walked into the room at Best Western it was spotless...everything was the opposite from our other experience...made the stay for training very pleasant...hope we can stay there again.........

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Dana M, General Manager at Best Western River City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

On behalf of the staff here at Best Western in Decatur, Alabama, Thank You so much for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at our property while you were in the area training and working. We look forward to your return visit to come back & stay with us!!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Dana M, General Manager at Best Western River City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed there with my son one night. We picked this hotel because it was non smoking. But that was a fib. They put the smokers on the middle, second floor. So, my being on the third floor, when I woke up in the morning I smelled smoke. I am allergic to cigarette smoke and had sinus issues thanks to this. I wish I had been notified of this situation when I checked in. How could you let a mom and infant sleep above smokers, when you know the smoke rises up and stinks up the entire third floor.
Staff was very nice, and the room was clean, hence the three stars and not one. The breakfast was reasonable and a clean area to eat it in. I would love the hotel if they didn't have smokers in the middle floor and they let you know before hand that it is a smoking hotel.
Stay on first floor if you go.

Room Tip: Get the first floor or you will be huffing smoke all night while you sleep.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property while here in Decatur, Alabama. I would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced at the property. We value your feedback, and sincerely hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Nice room after the long drive, beds comfortable. Pool was not open yet. Breakfast was wonderful. Need to have more than two towels in king rooms for the people with long hair. Close to restaurants in walking distance because of no fitness on site.

Room Tip: first floor
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Dana M, General Manager at Best Western River City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

We appreciate you providing us with feedback regarding your recent stay at our Best Western here in Decatur, Alabama. Hopefully, when you return to see us next time you can enjoy our relaxing outdoor pool!!