“Love it!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Decatur, Alabama
“Love it!”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

A southern classic, not to be missed. My sisters (who live in Utah) frequently request I over-night them "Whitts care packages"

Visited February 2012

Decatur, Alabama
“Very good BBQ!”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Always enjoy their BBQ. The Brunswick stew is also great!

Beverly Hills, Florida
“Excellent take out barbecue for the masses”
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Good quality barbecue available from 11am to 8pm daily. They will serve it at your local office or park. Good tasting chicken or pork. Nice cole slaw and beans as well. Too bad it is only in Decatur & Athens, Alabama. We need one in Crystal River, Florida.

Visited May 2011
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great Bar-b-que takeout, has the tradional North Alabama standards”
Reviewed November 15, 2011

The Skip Barber Mechanic crew loves the Brunswick Stew. When I visit Decatur, I take a gallon of stew back with me. I always get 4-6 pounds of Bar-B-que pork to take back to South Florida. This trip, I also got Bar-B-Que Chickens with White Sauce to serve the Skip Barber Flagging and Communications crew. It was a BIG hit.
There are a couple of tables outside, but I have never seen anyone eating at the tables. The usual is take-out.
Witts has a Vaccum Seal for bulk orders at an extra charge, but well worth the small fee if you are traveling.

• Visited November 2011
Toccoa, Georgia
“You can't go wrong with Whitt's!!!”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

My husband and I recently visited Decatur, AL and were so tired we did not feel like sitting in a restaurant. We started checking out local eateries on TripAdvisor and discovered several really positive reviews of Whitt's, which is take-out only. The clerk at the hotel had recommended Big Bob Gibsons but TA reviews leaned toward Whitt's--we are sooooo glad we took TA's advice. We had no trouble locating Whitt's and did not have to wait to order. Our order was ready to go in just a couple of minutes and we happily went back to the hotel to relax and eat. We are from Georgia and have great barbeque places all around us, but Whitt's is a little different. My husband said the pork was more tender and flavorful than any we get. I took the advice of one of the TA reviewers and ordered the smoked turkey which I normally do not like beacuse it is usually dry. TA reviewers recommended the white sause for the turkey and it was fantastic--I have never had a barbeque tasting white sauce. I am not sure the turkey needed sauce for moisture because it was not dry, but the sauce certainly added to the barbeque experience. We also had potato salad, beans, and slaw, all of which were great. We would definitely return to any Whitt's and I hope they decide to expand into Georgia.

• Visited August 2011