“Great place for the price and clean”

La Quinta Inn Decatur
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Decatur
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great place for the price and clean”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We were very pleased with the room. What's important to us besides cleanliness is service. Theirs was great. The location was convenient for eateries and shopping. They had a nice breakfast and sitting area. Friendly and accommodating. We would stay again. We had our little dog with us too.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

DecaturLQ, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn Decatur, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you for your time for your positive feedback. We looking forward to see you again! We are always HERE FOR YOU!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Hello every one . This motel is good at its price . I went with my friend . Check in was fast and lady on front desk explain near by good restaurant. Motel lobby was nice and clean . My room is specious and bathroom was clean. Morning breakfast was good . Check out is fast , I can recommend this motel to any one.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed December 22, 2013

hello everyone ... I went to AL recently with my friends . I booked this motel for 2 days . The rate was ok as compare to other motels near by. As entered in motel , my check in was fast and the guy on front desk gave little information about motel and near nice food places. My room was spacious , clean . next morning breakfast was good and overall staff is friendly.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 15, 2013

After 8 hours driving, we appreciated friendly staff and clean, nice, comfortable room. Breakfast was delicious. Wi-Fi had a good connection. I would definitely stay here again if I ever in this area and needed a motel. I would highly recommend this La Quinta Inn. I really did enjoy my stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed December 1, 2013

If you read my previous LaQuinta Brooklyn review, you know this was my redemption stay at the LQ brand. Unfortunately, LQ lost their redemption for me here.

The good: The location is really good. It's central to the newer business district. It has all interior entrances and private hallways. The staff is SUPER sweet.

The bad: I requested the "Two Room One King Suite w/Jetted Bath & Mirror Surround" (description from LQ reservation site) and paid $30 more for it. When I walked in, it was a normal size hotel room with a small, half-wall separator between the bed and the couch. Also, the shower is IN THE ROOM...not in a private space.

That room reeked of smoke, so I requested another. Same thing. Smoke. Third room, the worst one yet PLUS when you walked (2nd floor) all the furniture jiggled with the thin floors. Finally, I got to the fourth room (1st floor 103) and settled for it. It smelled the least bad. I went to the store and purchase air freshener and dealt with it.

Breakfast was meager, compared to other low-end hotels. A few dried up muffins, Fruit Loops and some other type of cereal.

Needless to say, when we got back to the room the second night of the stay, we agreed we couldn't stay in this hole one more night, packed up and drove home.

Try the Hampton Inn down the street. It will be our only Decatur hotel now. We come to Decatur often because our family is here. Please open a new hotel, somewhere!

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor if at all possible or find a different hotel.