“A great place to stay”

Hampton Inn Decatur
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Decatur
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I always stay at Hamptons. They are always the same and always very nice. Never plan to stay anywhere else! I do have a question for everyone to consider... Every hotel gives a price break to government employees, as I am not one, this always annoys me. Why can't I get the same price as they get?

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Decatur

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed here three days for a sporting event during the month of April. To begin with, reservations could not understand a simple request of moving a reservation from one name and credit card to a different name. It took two phone calls to finally get someone on the phone who was able to understand and complete the request. Next after we arrived the front desk clerk was rude and condescending. No way to treat a guest who had been on the road all day. The room was supposed to be non smoking but it smelled like smoke. Carpet and furniture filthy and bathroom in desperate need of repair. Breakfast (free) was cold and only after looking up and down the halls and lobby did I find an attendant to find out if they had any hot tea (they were out). For $100+ dollars a night, stay next door at the county inn and suites, (highly rated) Don't stay at the Hampton, and finance Paris Hilton's lavish lifestyle. Hampton is a Hilton branded hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Finding this hotel was a bit of an issue. It is about 10 miles off I-65 in the city of Decatur. GPS does not recognize the address. After stopping for directions, the hotel was on a main street behind Applebees. The hotel signs on the street or building were not lit, making it difficult to find. Upon arrival, the staff was very accommodating, the lobby and breakfast areas newly redecorated.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Lobby and common area has recently been remodeled so first impression is quite nice.

Reception staff is possibly the best I've encountered at a Hampton. Those of you that stay at Hamptons know the staff at these hotels usually are very friendly and professional - and I'm usually at one monthly. Their restaurant suggestions were great and every time I entered the hotel in the evenings they addressed me by name - even 5 nights later.

Breakfast is typical Hampton, maybe a little on the less than due to limited choices - good when hurrying to work, but not a choice if you have others. Rooms are clean, but really dated. TVs struggle a little to work when first turned on. Doors are thin. I was six rooms away from the elevator/vending and every morning was awakened by some idiot using the ice machine to possibly fill a cooler since it seemed to go on forever every morning.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I am a frequent attendee of Hilton properties, and this was no different. Same rates, same rooms, everything you would normally see from a Hampton except if you have a problem... I had a small issue with my tv, nothing major. 2 hours later I am staying in a Holiday Inn. Too long of a story to get into. I would recommend looking else where.

• Stayed: April 2013
Ben T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Decatur, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Sir, thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay. I am truly sorry that your experience resulted in your dissatisfaction. We replaced our TV system over the last week and went live Tuesday afternoon. Unfortunately the service technicians are still experiencing switchover challenges and my staff was unable to correct the issue until the next day. We strive every day here at The Hampton Inn, Decature to be the hotel of choice for our Decatur, AL visitors. Currently we are 95% complete with our renovation project. The new TV system, upgraded Business Center computers and an upgraded Wi-Fi system are just the most recent activities this week along with the floor to ceiling remodeling of our common areas and guests rooms. Thank you

Reviewed April 15, 2013

This hotel seems to have newly remodeled furnishings and all new equipment in the fitness room. It was a little challenging to find, but nice overall. Breakfast selection was average, the same as all Hamptons, but I was pleased with our stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience. We are so pleased you enjoyed yourself during your stay. We are working very hard to find a solution to make it easier to locate us. We also are continuing to work with our guests to improve our breakfast through guest feed back like this. We listen!
Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Overall very nice stay. Property is a little older but clean and comfortable. Front desk staff extremely friendly and helpful. Only 3.5 miles from Jack Allan soccer park. Breakfast area very clean and great selection for light meal

• Stayed: April 2013