“So much more than I hoped for” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Decatur

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Decatur
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Decatur
“So much more than I hoped for”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

I booked this hotel for business after reading reviews here. I travel 3 weekends a month and I've had worse hotels for twice the cost here! The rooms are small, no flat screen tvs here, but very clean and well maintained. Good, clean, safe hotel. Best value in town and well worth it, if you don't need bells and whistles. As a single female traveler: well lit, interior doors, elevator and well lit carpeted stairs, 24 hour desk personnel, safe lot for the rental car, quiet - perfect. I'll be considering microtels in my future travels.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Watervliet
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

We couldn't find much wrong at this motel. The room was very clean,staff was friendly and helpful. The room was very quiet, no noise from traffic going by or other outside noises. The free unlimited long distance calling from your room was a plus. Close to restaurants and shopping. The continental breakfast was good. Can't think of anything to complain about.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lester F
Horseheads, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

We stayed 4 nights in Dec/2011. We were visiting relatives in area. The hotel is clean, breakfast bar is clean and has a nice standard continental breakfast.
Price was right for 2 beds, refrig, micro. Was disappointed that there was no hair dryer in room as advertised ,but front desk provided me with one.
Excellent front desk clerks day and night.
First night was a Sun, we left for the day Mon., came back at 8PM the bed wasn't made, nor towels removed. I had put towels in tub, put any trash in one bag and basically picked everything up. I went down ( with dirty towels etc) and complained to front desk, they gave us clean towels, an apology and said they would report it to management. Left for the day Tues. came back 8PM beds were made, but towels were still in tub. Went down to FD and went through same routine. This time there was no soap or shampoo left either. Actually the only room ammeties for the 4 night stay was 1 small shampoo and soap.
I would probably not stay there again and hate to give a bad review because the FD staff was excellent and the room was nice. For $55. a night it was good.

Room Tip: No hair dryer in room , Was on second floor (backside of hotel) and it was noisy from next room...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2011

Desk staff were professional, helpful, and polite. Rooms were clean and adequately appointed. Breakfast was reasonably good, though there was not enough room to sit. We solved that by carrying ours back to our room.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Bloomington, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2011

The night manager greeted us by name and was very helpful. He gave us a list of near-by restaurants, some of which delivered. It was not far from a Wal-Mart as well. We needed a pet friendly hotel that was also handicap accessible for my 80 year old Mother in Law. The free continental breakfast was helpful too. He had three rooms near the door on the first floor at a very reasonable price. Each had a fridge and microwave and free internet access. The rooms showed a little wear but were clean and very comfortable. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Connor11_7
southern Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

Paper-thin walls, dirty, dirty carpet, old, no hair dryer, bad breakfast. This was my one-night experience at this Inn. Sign at the rear door - NO DIRTY WORK BOOTS ALLOWED.
I chose this from the tripadvisor reviews. I could not believe I was at the same place.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Scarlett3343
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

Loved it, everything was sooooo clean, and everyone was super nice. When I stay at hotels, I always base my reviews on how clean and comfortable they are and this one is beyond that. The towels and sheets were crisp white and very clean, and the bed was super comfortable. We stayed in one of the suites and it had a fold out couch and to my suprised the bed on the couch was just as comfortable as the other bed, usually they are hard as rocks. It was a very large room and we enjoyed our stay here. This was my 1st time in a microtel and I was surprise to find it this nice, I will look for more of these where I go.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business