“A nice quiet stay”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Decatur
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Decatur
Reviewed February 2, 2012

We couldn't find much wrong at this motel. The room was very clean,staff was friendly and helpful. The room was very quiet, no noise from traffic going by or other outside noises. The free unlimited long distance calling from your room was a plus. Close to restaurants and shopping. The continental breakfast was good. Can't think of anything to complain about.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lester F

Reviewed January 1, 2012

We stayed 4 nights in Dec/2011. We were visiting relatives in area. The hotel is clean, breakfast bar is clean and has a nice standard continental breakfast.
Price was right for 2 beds, refrig, micro. Was disappointed that there was no hair dryer in room as advertised ,but front desk provided me with one.
Excellent front desk clerks day and night.
First night was a Sun, we left for the day Mon., came back at 8PM the bed wasn't made, nor towels removed. I had put towels in tub, put any trash in one bag and basically picked everything up. I went down ( with dirty towels etc) and complained to front desk, they gave us clean towels, an apology and said they would report it to management. Left for the day Tues. came back 8PM beds were made, but towels were still in tub. Went down to FD and went through same routine. This time there was no soap or shampoo left either. Actually the only room ammeties for the 4 night stay was 1 small shampoo and soap.
I would probably not stay there again and hate to give a bad review because the FD staff was excellent and the room was nice. For $55. a night it was good.

Room Tip: No hair dryer in room , Was on second floor (backside of hotel) and it was noisy from next room...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 25, 2011

Desk staff were professional, helpful, and polite. Rooms were clean and adequately appointed. Breakfast was reasonably good, though there was not enough room to sit. We solved that by carrying ours back to our room.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2011

The night manager greeted us by name and was very helpful. He gave us a list of near-by restaurants, some of which delivered. It was not far from a Wal-Mart as well. We needed a pet friendly hotel that was also handicap accessible for my 80 year old Mother in Law. The free continental breakfast was helpful too. He had three rooms near the door on the first floor at a very reasonable price. Each had a fridge and microwave and free internet access. The rooms showed a little wear but were clean and very comfortable. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Connor11_7
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Paper-thin walls, dirty, dirty carpet, old, no hair dryer, bad breakfast. This was my one-night experience at this Inn. Sign at the rear door - NO DIRTY WORK BOOTS ALLOWED.
I chose this from the tripadvisor reviews. I could not believe I was at the same place.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scarlett3343
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Loved it, everything was sooooo clean, and everyone was super nice. When I stay at hotels, I always base my reviews on how clean and comfortable they are and this one is beyond that. The towels and sheets were crisp white and very clean, and the bed was super comfortable. We stayed in one of the suites and it had a fold out couch and to my suprised the bed on the couch was just as comfortable as the other bed, usually they are hard as rocks. It was a very large room and we enjoyed our stay here. This was my 1st time in a microtel and I was surprise to find it this nice, I will look for more of these where I go.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank katnlace
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Stopped here as part of a Diamond tour group - am sold on this hotel -ULTRA CLEAN - thought it was a new hotel!! 11 years old.

Best Service EVER - talk about southern hospitality - Am sold on the hotel and management - this is truly a diamond and it is affordable! I will be signing up for a micropass - club for valued frequent guests - perfect for a family, business, any type of travel!

Also quiet rooms and a great breakfast!

Room Tip: choose the suites - at this price you can afford to indulge and still be money ahead in your pocket.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business