“It USE to be good but not anymore.”
Review of Golden Phoenix - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Golden Phoenix
Cuisines: Chinese
“It USE to be good but not anymore.”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family and I use to go once a week on Sundays. It WAS really good. We started going less often when our favorite waiter was no longer working there. We started to notice a change in the taste of the food also. I'm not sure if they changed cooks or not but it's not good. The last time we went, the food had no flavor at all except nasty. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worse enemy. They need to find a better chef.

• Visited June 2013

Livingston, Alabama
“New Sushi Bar”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

While in town for a NCAA Division II softball tournament, I brought the entire team for dinner at the Golden Phoenix. Since my last visit they have upgraded the sushi bar and added additional desserts for those who enjoy something sweet after your meal. I sampled the buffet, sushi, and desserts and I have nothing but good things to say about the experience. Friendly staff that accommodated a party of 30 with hesitation. We will be back next year.

“Never Again”
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

As a resident of Decatur I've seen this restaurant make a slow decline in the past few years. At one time it was the best in town or basically the only sit down Chinese in town. They've just not kept up with the competition at all. The buffet is small when compared to others. The service is consistently terrible. I've kept going off and on the last couple of years thinking that they might just get it together; it's not happening.

North Alabama
“Buffet was cold and manager argued about it”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We went there as a family and the food was cold on the buffet. Everyone working there was sitting down at a table near us, talking. No one wanted to wait on you. We told them the food was cold and they argued about it. They are horrible with customers and serve chemical food that is chocked full of msg and probably a few bacteria, too. Never again.

• Visited April 2012
Birmingham, Alabama
“great place for travelling”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

There wasn't a lot there, but good enough selection. They put more effort into quality unlike most buffets. The staff was friendly and on the ball and the priced was very reasonable for a lunch buffet.

Visited July 2012