“Fine dining in Decatur”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Decatur has no restaurants overlooking the river, other than Hard Dock Cafe at the marina. Simp's is downtown in an old historic building with bar and casual dining downstairs, fine dining upstairs which appears to mean you get a table cloth.
The menu is good with many seafood dishes, steaks and other items. Our service was very good, meal was timed nicely (hate it when entree served before finishing my salad).
Wife had corvina which was fresh fish selection and it was very good. I had grilled tuna which was awesome.
We'd go back next time we're in Decatur.

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

We took our parents out for dinner, service was great , food was excellent, bartender Rebecca is wonderful! She makes a great espresso martini. We will definitely return and bring friends.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I've been here several times now. The menu changes which makes it interesting for people who find one thing that they like to order time and again. Pricing is reasonable. Wine list decent. Nice atmosphere.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Chose this restaurant because of history and food. Have been here before and truly enjoyed the atmosphere aging. Great server and very tasty food. An upgrade in the wine list would be good. Not enough selection, but the $36 chardonnay was enjoyed by all. I will definitely go back on my next trip through Decatur.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Great meal! It has been several years since I have been in the area and dined at Simp's. Green bean appetizer was good. Salad with the house made dressing was great and my fillet was cooked perfectly. Friendly service, I would recommend stopping by.

1  Thank Minnesota_Michael_J