“Pine Hill Paints show”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Back Alley Bistro - CLOSED

Back Alley Bistro
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
“Pine Hill Paints show”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

I've been here a few times. I find the food, ambiance and drinks to be quite good. If you don't want a limited menu, then I suggest don't try and eat on a live music night. It gets a bit loud and service is a bit slow.

Decatur, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Try the tomato pie!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

While I have been to BAB several times for lunch, this was my first dinner experience. The staff is professional yet personable. Our server was excellent, as was our food. I had the tomato pie, which was one of the best meals I've had in Decatur. My husband had the barbecue pork and cornbread which was also good. Although busy, the atmosphere was cozy; we will definitely visit again soon! This is a great dining experience in Decatur!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank erinmichelley
Huntsville, Alabama
“Our first time dining here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Went to the Mardi Gras parade in downtown Decatur and decided afterward to eat somewhere local that we hadn't been to - so we picked Back Alley Bistro out of the blue. What a pleasant surprise! Although it was jammed pack with parade goers, and the food took a long time to come, our server Hannah was very friendly, attentive and kept our drinks filled and us posted on where our food was and how long it might be. She was a delight! I had the Shrimp & Grits and it was just what I had hoped - yummy! My husband had the Surf & Turf burger and he too was very pleased. I'm not a burger person but I tried a bite of this burger and.... well I probably ended up eating a quarter of it! Probably the best burger I've ever had! Quite tasty and I will probably order that when we go back! Usually we don't get desert when we eat out but my husband just had to try the Pecan pie with white chocolate ganache. OMG! It was wonderful! We will be returning to Back Alley Bistro - maybe this weekend! :o)

• Visited March 2014
Rocket City
“Roll the dice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Have eaten here twice in a month. Both times same result, one great meal for 1 of us, 1 sad dish for the other, delivered by very inexperienced servers who are unable to redress issues or keep glasses full. Local beer on tap, but a small selection, wine was overpriced. Cozy brick basement style decor with a black and white classic movie on the big screen, it's a great spot to talk over a small plate and try your luck with the menu, or to get a drink before heading next door to The Brick for a better selection.

Decatur, Alabama
“Beware!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

My main dish salad must have been from last night. It was limp and drowning in dressing. Many of the ingredients were missing. The actual menu is not the one on the restaurant's website. My husband's potatoes were not completely cooked and his broccolirob was overcooked. There went $60 bucks down the drain. Oh - and it appeared that no owners or management were present. The employees spent a lot of time chatting around the bar.

• Visited January 2014