“Favorite Mexican Place”

Ranked #44 of 157 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: Mexican
“Favorite Mexican Place”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is where I eat when I want Mexican. I usually get the chimichanga with chicken. The chicken is well seasoned and I like the onions and bell peppers in it. It comes with a white cheese sauce, which I love.

Visited July 2013

Decatur, Alabama
“My favorite Mexican restaurant in Decatur”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Been here many times over the years. I order a combination plate of some sort each time. Food tastes fresher here than at some Mexican restaurants I have visited. They have the only refried beans that I like.

Visited August 2012
North Alabama
“Wonderful Food”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

My family has been going to Camino Real for years. It is our favorite Mexican restaurant. I have the fajitas which are excellent. My wife usually gets the chimichanga and loves it. Prices are very reasonable and cheap when getting the lunch specials. Service is usually very good although it can get a little slow when they get full.

It is an old Western Sizzler steakhouse which was converted to Camno Real years ago. It was remodeled a couple of years ago and, while not elegant, is a nice family place.

• Visited April 2013
Decatur, Alabama, United States
“my problem is with the service, or lack there of.”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

ok so we went with a group of people from my husbands job, and we love mexican food. This isnt our spot but we thought we would give it a try. The food was pretty good, i mean it was hot and fresh and i didnt have an issue. MY issue is the 25 mins it took to get our drink order. Then another 30 to get our food order. Then we waited anther 40 or so for our food. when i say group, i mean, 5 adults, and 4 preteens. The waiters were rude, like they didnt want to do anything . I wont ever go back

Visited March 2013
Rocket City
“run of the mill Mexican”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

just your average "americanized" Mexican joint -- gracious portions, well cooked, but rather bland seasoning. chips were crisp, salsa was extremely watery and lacked flavor. prompt & courteous server.

bright interior is split into 2 dining areas, the building is an old family discount steak place repurposed & painted festive colors. no waiting area, prepare to wait outside on a busy night.

marquee claims they are Best Mexican in Decatur for 2012 -- must not have been much competition. if competing with Las Trojas, Sandovals or Rosies across the river in Huntsville, this place would be empty. will keep looking for the real best Mexican in Decatur.

• Visited February 2013