“Great food, okay atmosphere ”

Francesco's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 159 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

The food was delicious! We had garlic knots for our appetizer. My husband had what Olive Garden calls "Tour of Italy." I had ordered chicken florentine but ended up being served the shrimp florentine. I didn't mind, and the server reduced the price to what I had originally ordered. The entrees were amazing. My only complaint was the noise. It's definitely a family restaurant. On one hand, I like that families can bring their children. On the other hand, noise carries in that restaurant, and the atmosphere isn't exactly "romantic." The food is worth the noise, though. I definitely recommend.

1  Thank WifeWillis
There are newer reviews for Francesco's Italian Restaurant

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Made reservations (Olive Garden said "We do not do that so come sit and wait") - Good thing we didn't .. This place was great .. Party of 16 and seated early ! Food was really good too! You can get GREAT service even if they are packed ! A "Must Try" if in Decatur !

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We were in town for soccer and wanted to find a local restaurnant. We had a party of 9 on a Sunday afternoon. We were seated quickly and our server, Tyler, greeted us right away and took our drink and app. order. Food came out quickly and was delicious We had the pinwheels and cheesy garlic bread, lasgna, chicken and salmon piccata but the star of day went to the shrimp florentine! The sauce was incredible. Will definitely go back if ever in Decatur again. One of the best dining out experiences I'v had in a very long time!! Ask for Tyler if you go.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Went to Francesca's because it wasn't too far from the motel were staying at and the reviews sounded good. The bruschetta was a special that night and was excellent. Three large portions! We were intrigued by the pinwheels and so we each ordered a half order (4). They are very filling and we ended up taking some with us. All varieties were great, but our favorite was the vegetarian with mushrooms and onions. It is always nice to find a restaurant with great food, good service and that is not a chain.

1  Thank GCTraveler
Reviewed July 11, 2013

With all the great reviews I was super excited to visit this place. My boyfriend and I made the forty minute drive with anticipation of a delicious meal. What we got was the complete opposite. The restaurant has a great atmosphere and the staff was friendly and attentive but the food was horribly disappointing. We were presented with hard rolls that were anything but homemade and with them a bowl full of oil and a sparse scattering of herbs at the bottom. Okay, whatever. Then came the entrees. I ordered the raved about Spinach Pinwheels. Horrible. They were made from the same dense rolls (I was under the impression pinwheels were light and flaky) that were covered with cheap mozzarella. My boyfriend ordered a sampler platter with Fettuccine Alfredo, Lasagna, and Chicken Parmigiana. Nothing about it was delicious. Nothing about it was homemade. I am not sure where these other reviewers have eaten before but there is nothing about this place that is authentic. Do not waste your time or money.

4  Thank Beverly B