“Best service ever”

Baymont Inn & Suites Decatur
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Decatur
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

The staff was so friendly and accommodating I've stayed here 3 times and it jus gets better especially the desk clerk and most of all the precious woman cookin the breakfast I will recommend to anyone also we have a very large dog n they were great w him it's hard to find a place w no weight limit which is crazy bc a large dog usually will not tear up n def will not use the bathroom inside thank u for a great stay

Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Cristyna F
DecaturComfortInn, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Decatur, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2014

There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Decatur

Reviewed July 16, 2014

The first room they gave us smelled musty and of old smoke and the air conditioner was not working properly. When I called down to the front desk to see about switching rooms, the clerk stated that the hotel was completely booked and she was not sure if they would have another room available. Luckily, she found us a room down the hall. This room had been updated recently, but the bed spread had stains on it and the sheets were worn out. Tried to get ice from the ice machine on the floor, but it had no ice. Which was probably best, since it had a pretty bad smell coming from it and it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in awhile. Location and the friendliness of the staff were the only positive things I can say about this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been upgraded.
1  Thank diane b

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Wow this hotel was a delight. I came to visit my sister and do some shopping with her, eat and have a fun day together. The staff was excellent and cleanliness of the hotel was super.
The lady in breakfast room (I Forgot her name.. Sorry) was very helpful. I was trying to cook a waffle and unaware how to use the waffle maker and she came over made my waffle and brought it to me. Just perfect stay. I slept like a baby and the staff at check out was as great as the staff I encountered upon check in
Joey Helped get our room over the phone and was great!!

5  Thank Scott T

Reviewed July 5, 2014

On Saturday, June 28th, 2014, this "pet-friendly" establishment lost my pet dog. Although the staff knew my dog was staying at the hotel, housekeeping was not notified. My dog was let out of my suite, chased through the lobby and let outside through an open back door.

My dog, Mac, was a former award winning show dog that I have been training as a therapy dog over the last 7 years. I have contacted the manager as well as the hotel headquarters and have received little to no support.

If you plan on staying here (or any of the hotels owned by the Choice Hotels franchise), please learn my story first. I am campaigning a search for Mac, support from Choice Hotels and changes in the safety of pets that stay at "pet-friendly" establishments. I can be reached on FB or via email: KatharinaBurgess@gmail.com

Sincerely, Katharina Shoulta Burgess

Reviewed June 18, 2014

After a long day of travel I came to find a hotel that was in a great location, close to stores and restaurants. The property was clean, the service was impeccable and the breakfast was hot and delicious.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank 2witty4you

Reviewed June 15, 2014

I was in town for my son's soccer tournament. I had booked my room MONTHS in advance and called a week before I came to confirm my reservation. I arrived and was told I had no room and I was to stay at a different hotel for the night. I drove 5 hours never had a phone call or email or anything to let me know of this sudden change. It was frustrating to have something like that happen to me. I called and spoke to the on duty manager who understood my concerns and frustrations. He comped my entire stay, which was a very nice gesture. The hotel is in need of updates. The am breakfast was decent. The maid service was awful. They did not restock the towels nor did they give any bedding to my son who was sleeping on the fold out bed. The room smelled funny. Baseboards were filthy, bed was very uncomfortable, and the bottom of my socks were very soiled from the carpet. It was VERY loud. You could here people upstairs and in the halls, but the hotel was full with kids from the soccer tournament. I'm not really sure if I'd come back.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Kturner72364

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I called the Comfort Inn & suites to try and get a rate for a family member coming into town for the weekend. I told her what i needed and all i was told to call in the morning to make my reservation because she is new and dont know how to do it. Lets just say if you are not trained fully you should not answer the phone. I think they would want my business not drive me to another hotel, which i did.

Room Tip: dont call to make reservations
Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family