“This place needs some renovations and the room furniture needs to be upgraded.”

Quality Inn Decatur
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Decatur
Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

The room we stayed at the of Jamerson Inn needs some room renovations. To start the shower curtain rod was loose and in need of repair. They already patched the holes in the shower that has not been painted. The toilet in seat was very loose. In addition the desk chair needs repair and other furniture is dated and upholstery worn. Even carpet is old.
Well I can't speak for the other rooms in this establishment, My rating of my room was no more, the than 2.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank mrauseo

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have spent almost an entire month here on business and have had some of the best customer service I have ever experienced. From the front desk, to the General Manager to the cleaning service! I will definitely be staying here when I am back in this aera!

Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I have always loved Jameson Inn and this one is certainly no exception. Cute, spacious rooms appointed with everything you need. Breakfast at this place is one of the better Jameson breakfasts too. Great items to choose from. The best thing about this hotel is one of the employees. I dont remember her name but she was a short, rubenesque woman with a very nice smile. She was always smiling whenever i encountered her. It was very welcoming. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2012

stayed here two nights during July 2012. checked out after 1st night as was unsure if another night was necessary. the 1st night's room was ok, but the second night the room smelled of smoke, even though I had requested a non-smoking room. originally I just thought some thoughtless idiot, had smoked in a non-smoking room. but after I had returned from dinner, I noticed two ashtrays in the room. I mentioned this to checkout clerk the next morning, she just scrugged and said room was suppose to be non smoking, so who knows the real story. rooms were pretty clean, but stairs and area around the rooms was dirty.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Had to ask for bulbs for three out of five lamps. Not enough washcloths: One on first day and none on second. Had to ask the desk for additional towels and a wash cloth. Breakfast bar not maintained. (ran out of syrup for waffles early and wasn't replenished. Total of one small bar of soap. Bed uncomfortable and hard. Staff was accommodating but we shouldn't have to ask for common items. Overall, we won't be back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We travel a great deal for my husbands job. Many times it is on very short notice and we don't have a lot of options . The company he works for recommended the Jamison Inn in Decatur Alabama. The room was very clean,the value was certainly there and all amenities were available. The staff is what makes this hotel OUTSTANDING ! My husband had been overcome with a heat stroke on the job site and was brought back to the hotel. He collapsed and was unconscious and bleeding severely. The manager on duty, Alex, responded immediately ! He called 911 and stayed with him until the paramedics arrived. He offered any assistance that was necessary. After he was taken to the hospital Alex went through my husbands phone record and determined the most frequently called number, mine, and called me at home 800 miles away. He was very professional and sincere in his concern and offered to assist in any way possible.When I arrived the hotel was very gracious and offered any accommodations that I might need after a 14 hour drive and a night in the intensive care unit with my husband. I will forever be grateful to the staff of the Jamison Inn for going above and beyond what anyone could expect from a hotel. Alex literally saved my husbands life. If you ever have an opportunity to stay in Decatur Alabama the Jamison Inn is the only hotel to stay in and please say hi to Alex and the rest of the staff from a very grateful family.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Betty, I hardly call setting several cans of RAID on the counter for guests to handle the roaches taking your pest problem seriously. This has been going on for years as well as the bed bug problem you have, and you know it.

We stayed two nights, and it was the worst two nights of my life. Roaches, spiders, ants and bed bugs. We had maids making out for all to see as well. There were dead ants in the pool and soured orange juice served at breakfast. Mildew and mold on bathroom ceiling and two tiny towels for a family of 4. The floors were very nasty in our room.

I got an itchy rash from sleeping on your sheets. This place is a "roach motel" and everyone in town knows it. In fact, I won't even allow my luggage inside my house until it is fumigated. Betty, own up to your words before your pants catch fire.

This was taken from a previous complaint the manager responded to:

Betty McGee stated "We take complaints like this very seriously and have our hotel inspected on a monthly basis. Anytime we receive a complaint, we get pest control to inspect the rooms immediately for any problems. On August 4, the week before you arrived, we had Cook’s Pest control come out to inspect. The pest inspection went well and there were no signs of infestation found in any room. I apologize that you found otherwise and will be addressing this issue immediately".

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business