“Quaint”

Quality Inn Decatur
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Decatur
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I have always loved Jameson Inn and this one is certainly no exception. Cute, spacious rooms appointed with everything you need. Breakfast at this place is one of the better Jameson breakfasts too. Great items to choose from. The best thing about this hotel is one of the employees. I dont remember her name but she was a short, rubenesque woman with a very nice smile. She was always smiling whenever i encountered her. It was very welcoming. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Decatur

Reviewed July 28, 2012

stayed here two nights during July 2012. checked out after 1st night as was unsure if another night was necessary. the 1st night's room was ok, but the second night the room smelled of smoke, even though I had requested a non-smoking room. originally I just thought some thoughtless idiot, had smoked in a non-smoking room. but after I had returned from dinner, I noticed two ashtrays in the room. I mentioned this to checkout clerk the next morning, she just scrugged and said room was suppose to be non smoking, so who knows the real story. rooms were pretty clean, but stairs and area around the rooms was dirty.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Had to ask for bulbs for three out of five lamps. Not enough washcloths: One on first day and none on second. Had to ask the desk for additional towels and a wash cloth. Breakfast bar not maintained. (ran out of syrup for waffles early and wasn't replenished. Total of one small bar of soap. Bed uncomfortable and hard. Staff was accommodating but we shouldn't have to ask for common items. Overall, we won't be back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We travel a great deal for my husbands job. Many times it is on very short notice and we don't have a lot of options . The company he works for recommended the Jamison Inn in Decatur Alabama. The room was very clean,the value was certainly there and all amenities were available. The staff is what makes this hotel OUTSTANDING ! My husband had been overcome with a heat stroke on the job site and was brought back to the hotel. He collapsed and was unconscious and bleeding severely. The manager on duty, Alex, responded immediately ! He called 911 and stayed with him until the paramedics arrived. He offered any assistance that was necessary. After he was taken to the hospital Alex went through my husbands phone record and determined the most frequently called number, mine, and called me at home 800 miles away. He was very professional and sincere in his concern and offered to assist in any way possible.When I arrived the hotel was very gracious and offered any accommodations that I might need after a 14 hour drive and a night in the intensive care unit with my husband. I will forever be grateful to the staff of the Jamison Inn for going above and beyond what anyone could expect from a hotel. Alex literally saved my husbands life. If you ever have an opportunity to stay in Decatur Alabama the Jamison Inn is the only hotel to stay in and please say hi to Alex and the rest of the staff from a very grateful family.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Betty, I hardly call setting several cans of RAID on the counter for guests to handle the roaches taking your pest problem seriously. This has been going on for years as well as the bed bug problem you have, and you know it.

We stayed two nights, and it was the worst two nights of my life. Roaches, spiders, ants and bed bugs. We had maids making out for all to see as well. There were dead ants in the pool and soured orange juice served at breakfast. Mildew and mold on bathroom ceiling and two tiny towels for a family of 4. The floors were very nasty in our room.

I got an itchy rash from sleeping on your sheets. This place is a "roach motel" and everyone in town knows it. In fact, I won't even allow my luggage inside my house until it is fumigated. Betty, own up to your words before your pants catch fire.

This was taken from a previous complaint the manager responded to:

Betty McGee stated "We take complaints like this very seriously and have our hotel inspected on a monthly basis. Anytime we receive a complaint, we get pest control to inspect the rooms immediately for any problems. On August 4, the week before you arrived, we had Cook’s Pest control come out to inspect. The pest inspection went well and there were no signs of infestation found in any room. I apologize that you found otherwise and will be addressing this issue immediately".

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Dawna H
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Very clean, the furniture was in great shape and bed's were comfortable. The rooms are fairly small, but good for the money, so this motel is a perfect choice if you are just staying a night or two or are on a small budget. We were first time visitors, but we were satisified.

Room Tip: -There are no 'Do Not Disturb' signs to put up, so the cleaning lady will start making her r...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I travel 100 + days a year and I usually don't write reviews but after seeing the reviews posted on this property i feel i have to share MY experiences.

The rooms are very clean. the furnishing may not be the latest style but it is well maintained.
the staff is helpful and polite. always ready with directions, faxes and fresh towels.
the breakfast is a continental, a good one but nothing to write home about. they have waffles and biscuits and gravy and fruit... the usual.
The best thing are the wonderfully comfy beds. If you are a business traveler who is looking for a clean but still economical place to stay this is a great place.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Denise K
JamesonInnDecatur, General Manager at Quality Inn Decatur, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2011

Dear D.K

Thank you for allowing us to serve your lodging needs. We pride ourselves in customer satisfaction and it was our pleasure to make your stay the quality one you expected. We look forward to having you as our guest again on a return trip to Decatur and thank you again for staying with us

regards,