“Small, but great value.”

Quality Inn Decatur
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Decatur
Manchester, Ohio
“Small, but great value.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2012

Very clean, the furniture was in great shape and bed's were comfortable. The rooms are fairly small, but good for the money, so this motel is a perfect choice if you are just staying a night or two or are on a small budget. We were first time visitors, but we were satisified.

Room Tip: -There are no 'Do Not Disturb' signs to put up, so the cleaning lady will start making her r...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

I travel 100 + days a year and I usually don't write reviews but after seeing the reviews posted on this property i feel i have to share MY experiences.

The rooms are very clean. the furnishing may not be the latest style but it is well maintained.
the staff is helpful and polite. always ready with directions, faxes and fresh towels.
the breakfast is a continental, a good one but nothing to write home about. they have waffles and biscuits and gravy and fruit... the usual.
The best thing are the wonderfully comfy beds. If you are a business traveler who is looking for a clean but still economical place to stay this is a great place.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Denise K
JamesonInnDecatur, General Manager at Quality Inn Decatur, responded to this review, November 7, 2011
Dear D.K

Thank you for allowing us to serve your lodging needs. We pride ourselves in customer satisfaction and it was our pleasure to make your stay the quality one you expected. We look forward to having you as our guest again on a return trip to Decatur and thank you again for staying with us

regards,

Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

Waffle mixture was sour. Fruit was rotten. Coffee wasn’t made. Room was fine, although you will need to take the stairs. (Motel style layout, so no elevators for 2nd floor.)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. As mentioned in the review, you had concerns with our breakfast. We take all complaints very seriously. I apologize that you found our breakfast less than satisfactory. When you are in the Decatur, AL area again; I welcome the opportunity to connect with you better on your future stay. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly and ask for me.

Betty

Travelers are raving about these Decatur hotels

Walls, Mississippi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

I've stayed at Jameson before (Winchester, TN) and was very satisfied, but not this time. the room had a strong odor, I thought it was carpet cleaner and my wife thought it smelled like cigarette smoke [it was supposed to be a non-smoking room]. The carpet and furniture looked worn out, especially the upholstered chair and ottoman. It looked as if animals had made it their home. The towels and cloths were rough and the bed was uncomfortable. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else; there are all sorts of motels in the area.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank papadoc1
JamesonInnDecatur, General Manager at Quality Inn Decatur, responded to this review, October 4, 2011
Dear papadoc1,

Thank you for your time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. As mentioned in the review, you had concerns with the condition of the furnishings in your room. We take all complaints very seriously. I apologize that you found your furnishings less than satisfactory. We will be addressing this issue immediately.

If you are in the Decatur, AL area again; I welcome the opportunity to connect with you better on a future stay. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly and ask for me.

kansas city
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

I thought my review would be best written as a letter to the hotel.

Dear Jameson Inn, Decatur:

Three years ago I rated you as excellent. You had your act together and you were fresh and clean in every respect. I was surprised, when planning a trip back your way, that reading the comments, you had slipped to the middle of the pack and were getting some very negative reviews.

After a recent stay in #115, I believe I can tell you several reasons why this slide into mediocrity has happened. Let me say right off, it's the little things, the details that have moved you from number one to where you are now.

The good: The beds are still comfortable, the outside of the property is nicely trimmed and clean. Your staff is friendly and the pool looked good. My room appeared to have been properly cleaned. The coffee maker was first class and stocked with premium coffee.

The bad: A few mold spots on the shower curtain and upper edge of shower stall. A bare minimum of towels and washcloths, and two tiny little bars of soap. The carpet, although fairly clean, is well worn and shows it. The badly stained and worn out chair by the front window has torn up the paint and the wall behind it.

The waffle maker in the breakfast room was defective and signaled a "done" tone way before the waffles were finished causing time-wasting digging out of undone waffles; which was actually irrelevant because the batter was sour and five people refused to eat the waffles anyway because of the sour taste. They all ended up in the trash can, causing one to wonder what else in the breakfast room was stale and old.

Jameson, your age is showing badly, and your lack of attention to detail is driving your ratings into the tank. If the negative comments continue at this rate, you will not see me next year, as I will choose a higher rated Decatur hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank rikard77
JamesonInnDecatur, General Manager at Quality Inn Decatur, responded to this review, October 10, 2011
Dear rikard77,

Thank you for your time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. As mentioned in the review, you had concerns with the condition of the furnishings in your room and our breakfast. We take all complaints very seriously. I apologize that you found things less than satisfactory. We began addressing these issues immediately. The waffle maker has been replaced and we will not be using the Buttermilk waffles after the negative response to the flavor. A new pilot program for much upgraded soap is in the works as well.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

I got this hotel through priceline, of course anyone who uses priceline knows that you can not pick the hotel you want. Anyway, we drive eight hours down to Alabama so we were exhausted by the time we arrived at about 2:30am. We checked into the hotel, and within three minutes checked out. There were ants and bugs all throughout the hotel. The ants took over the bathroom and some were scattered on the bed, dresser, sink, and other areas. Thank goodness we left our items in the car, because the hotel didn't look clean. We go back down to tell the staff about the room, and on the way down, a huge roach came from under someone's door on the first floor. The bug came from the inside, and upon sliding through the opening, flipped on its back and moved around. GROSS!!! Now we are waiting to see if priceline will refund us or give us a hotel at a later date. We drove around for a little over an hour until we could find a reasonable hotel to stay for one more night, which we could not check into until 5am in order to stay unitl Sunday at a one night rate. The hotel we chose is much better, a lot cleaner, and in Huntsville and closer to civilization. I would never, ever, go to that hotel again. If anyone pays more than twenty dollars to stay there, you need to look elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank KBaby3148
betsmc, General Manager at Quality Inn Decatur, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Dear KBaby3148,

Thank you for your time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. As mentioned in the review, you had concerns with bugs and roaches. We take complaints like this very seriously and have our hotel inspected on a monthly basis. Anytime we receive a complaint, we get pest control to inspect the rooms immediately for any problems. On August 4, the week before you arrived, we had Cook’s Pest control come out to inspect. The pest inspection went well and there were no signs of infestation found in any room. I apologize that you found otherwise and will be addressing this issue immediately.

Betty McGee
General manager
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

Last weekend , my family attened a family reunion. We had 5 rooms at the Jameson inn.
most of checked in on friday 3 rooms and 2 on saturday. It was very nice hotel.
the weekend manger had it set up for all the rooms to be together.even the ones that wouldnt be here til saturday. that was nice.
the rooms and pool were really nice and clean.Every thing was well kept and clean, just like @ home.
Breakfast was nice we had gravy, biscuits, waffels, sausage patties. juice and cerel a variety for every one.
Saturday evening the weekend manager let us use the breakfast room for socializing , and playing games. He made us coffee and he made us feel like family . Some of us that arrived on saturday had small children, when they arrived they already had baby beds in the room with blankets for our convience.... Ive stayed at a lot of big hotels with my work travel like the sofetel, and Hilton, and Ive never been @ a hotel that went out of there way to treat us like family as it was done @ this hotel!!!!!!
We will be back to Decatur to visit in the fall, and we WILL be staying @ the Jameson Inn.
Where we are treated like family . Im not sure if thats a southern thing or they were just nice people, but our family just loved it

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family