“A Decatur institution!"”

The Brick Deli
Ranked #3 of 159 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Best deli sandwiches in Decatur, Alabama! A hot-spot for live entertainment and drinks. Awesome bands every weekend!
Reviewed February 24, 2012

The Brick Deli is a family-owned deli which is THE lunch place for good food at fair prices and some fun to boot! (Bands play there several nights a week and they are open for dinner Wed.-Sat.) The wait staff is friendly and efficient. If you are a regular, they might even remember your "usual". They love their customers and celebrate the good times with them as well as sharing the load during bad times. The owners and employees of The Brick are truly special people. The menu is varied and includes items for meat lovers and vegetarians alike. My favorite sandwiches include the Veggie Sandwich, which is a pita stuffed with veggies, cheese and a curry sauce; the Egg Salad Sandwich, which includes homemade egg salad that is just right in its balance of mayo and seasoning; and the Chicago Fire a pastrami and cheese sandwich that includes some spicy ingredients, including jalapeños. Sandwiches come with a pickle and chips or potato salad. The salads are fresh and delicious, as are the soups. My favorite soup is the Veggie Soup, which is tomato-based and spicy. The Wisconsin Beer Cheese Soup is tasty, too, and all soups come with homemade jalapeño cornbread. For those who would like an alcoholic beverage, The Brick Deli offers many foreign and domestic bottled beers as well as a good selection of tap beers. While I have never had a mixed drink there, I believe they can take care of that for you, too. For dessert, do not miss the homemade Banana Pudding. The Turtle Cheesecake is not bad, either. Bring your family or come with a date. Either way, you will love this place.

2  Thank Gimmefood_12

Reviewed February 15, 2012

The staff is friendly, the food fresh and the drinks generous. I love The Brick and dine there regularly.

1  Thank eenygma_20
Reviewed January 26, 2012

A great variety of unique sandwiches. The beer cheese soup is highly recommended too. I have only frequented this place for lunch.

1  Thank LordOfTheRooms
Reviewed January 19, 2012

The last time I went to The Brick, it was to see a band play, so there was no food involved with that visit. I'm a local, though, so I've been eating their food since they were called BJ's Deli and were located in the 1st Avenue (basement of 2nd Ave?) spot. Their current location is much better! I don't think I've ever eaten anything at The Brick that I didn't like, and I've had most of the menu. The Turkey Surprise is my favorite, but I'm also a fan of the veggies-on-a-pita sandwich (I forget the name). They use sprouts instead of lettuce on their sandwiches, which I LOVE, but it may not be for everyone. The service is fantastic - even on New Year's Eve, I had a server who kept up with me and anything I might want. She even ran a tab for me and was able to immediately recall everything on it - and the place was PACKED. I was really impressed. We do take our small kids to eat lunch there occasionally, but at night it becomes more of a bar scene, though one of the cleanest bars I've ever been to. During the day, however, it's very family-friendly. Many of the employees have kids themselves, and they're great about accommodating us with extra napkins, high chairs, or whatever else we might need.

1  Thank NLTMom
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Good selection of soups and sandwiches. Good value and great selection of healthy food.

1  Thank markst67