“Salads had soured and served to pregnant woman”
Review of Albany Bistro - CLOSED

Albany Bistro
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of the Historic Albany neighborhood in Decatur, Alabama, Albany Bistro brings a new sophistication to classic southern fare. Our chef sources from local organic growers to bring you the best flavors of the season. Albany Bistro changes its menu weekly to reflect the local growers' bounty. Isn't it time you escape the ordinary?
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I went here twice while I was pregnant. Both we used a promotional deal through the local tv station. The first time I went with my husband to lunch. His steak sandwich was ok but lacking anything registering the price tag. It had no she bang, spice, or even a lot of meat. It was just mediocre. The sides were fairly good. They are not unique, by any means. But tasty. So we ordered the broccoli salad and the potato salad. They were heavy on the mayonnaise, so bear that in mind. The blt was good but small and with not enough bacon to equal the proportions of the tomatoes. The service was not that great. They never refilled our waters and there was only one other table sat while we were there. They seemed very snobby and seemed to not want out business.
But since we had the voucher and the sides were good I went back. Big mistake. This time I went around 11- 11:30 and ordered the sandwich with two different sides. No one else was in the place. SO, I assumed I would get my order right and I did not check until i got home. Big mistake. They gave me two servings of potato salad instead of broccoli salad and potato salad. Then to top it off the potato salad was rancid! It had spoiled. It smelled weird and tasted weird. I put it in my fridge for my husband to inspect when he got home. To make sure it was not my pregnant nose and it was not just me. He said it tasted horrible and that they should be ashamed selling rotten food to people, especially someone who is carrying a child!
We will never go back. To make matters even weirder. One of their waitresses, an older woman who appears to be in her 50's or up showed us a house for my mom who lived out of town. The woman told us she worked at Albany Bistro, down the street from this house. The lady lied repeatedly to us about the home and it's condition, too. So, if that is the type of people they employ it is no surprise they will sell pregnant women bad food.

3  Thank Thankyouabba

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I had a romantic dinner here for our anniversary. It was during Alabama Restaurant Week, and the special menu offered was FANTASTIC! Often when an eating establishment is serving food of this caliber, the portions are miniscule, and we were both pleasantly surprised at how much of this delicious food we were served! I can't say enough about the food, as well as the total ambiance of the place. Love it!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Every visit we have had outstanding service and wonderful dinners. Good selection of wine.Staff is always friendly and knowledgeable

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Was in Decatur on business and went to Albany Bistro. It is right in downtown in a house in an old part of town. The food was excellent and the menu was very well balanced. The setting was very nice. I had the Market fish special which was Escolar, waiter described fish very well and it was delish. My guest had Fresh scollops and he was very pleased. Wine and beer list was above average. nothing bad to say

1  Thank runtoeat
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband and I joined another couple for lunch today at Albany Bistro. It was a perfect choice. The food was wonderful, and all of our choices were less than $10. My husband had the salmon, and I had the boneless pork chop. Our friends chose the chef's special (tomato pie) and beef tenderloin on bruschetta. We would recommend ALL of those selections. Even though we were there visiting and eating for over 2 hours, we never felt rushed, our food was delivered in a very timely manner, and our glasses/cups stayed filled. Really delicious food and good service. Oh, and by the way, you MUST visit the restroom while you're there. The decor is extra-special. I promise.

1  Thank Connie P