“Wonderful cuisine in chic surroundings”
Review of Albany Bistro - CLOSED

Albany Bistro
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of the Historic Albany neighborhood in Decatur, Alabama, Albany Bistro brings a new sophistication to classic southern fare. Our chef sources from local organic growers to bring you the best flavors of the season. Albany Bistro changes its menu weekly to reflect the local growers' bounty. Isn't it time you escape the ordinary?
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I had a romantic dinner here for our anniversary. It was during Alabama Restaurant Week, and the special menu offered was FANTASTIC! Often when an eating establishment is serving food of this caliber, the portions are miniscule, and we were both pleasantly surprised at how much of this delicious food we were served! I can't say enough about the food, as well as the total ambiance of the place. Love it!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Every visit we have had outstanding service and wonderful dinners. Good selection of wine.Staff is always friendly and knowledgeable

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Was in Decatur on business and went to Albany Bistro. It is right in downtown in a house in an old part of town. The food was excellent and the menu was very well balanced. The setting was very nice. I had the Market fish special which was Escolar, waiter described fish very well and it was delish. My guest had Fresh scollops and he was very pleased. Wine and beer list was above average. nothing bad to say

1  Thank runtoeat
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband and I joined another couple for lunch today at Albany Bistro. It was a perfect choice. The food was wonderful, and all of our choices were less than $10. My husband had the salmon, and I had the boneless pork chop. Our friends chose the chef's special (tomato pie) and beef tenderloin on bruschetta. We would recommend ALL of those selections. Even though we were there visiting and eating for over 2 hours, we never felt rushed, our food was delivered in a very timely manner, and our glasses/cups stayed filled. Really delicious food and good service. Oh, and by the way, you MUST visit the restroom while you're there. The decor is extra-special. I promise.

1  Thank Connie P
Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

In town for lunch, found this place on trip advisor, and tried it out. Very glad I did. It's a small place with white tablecloth atmosphere, but not overly fancy. I had the shrimp and grits, and they were outstanding. Give it a try. You won't be sorry.