“Great place tucked away in a residential area”
Review of Albany Bistro - CLOSED

Albany Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of the Historic Albany neighborhood in Decatur, Alabama, Albany Bistro brings a new sophistication to classic southern fare. Our chef sources from local organic growers to bring you the best flavors of the season. Albany Bistro changes its menu weekly to reflect the local growers' bounty. Isn't it time you escape the ordinary?
Huntington Beach, California
“Great place tucked away in a residential area”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

This is a small, intimate place in a residential neighborhood so parking is very limited. They have a range of entrees, from fresh fish to steals, various starters and drinks. Its one of the best restaurants in the Decatur area.

• Visited September 2011

Stroudsburg, PA
“Albany Bistro,,, The Full Monte”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

This small, quaint, intimate eatery is located in the VERY residential of old localoused in the Decatur. It is housed in a refurbished local market building. Maybe 15 tables inside and some outside as well of tt I was/am overwhelmed by the simplistic perfection of the Albany Bistro. The interior space though limited, is very open and yet intimate. The decorum while spartan in quantiity was warm and welcoming in quality. The overall feel while sitting was one of "Welcome, relax, and enjoy." This was made even easier due to the very competent wait staff. Our server's name was Jimmy. His judgement and suggestions based on our individual tastes were spot on. He was also very personable and you just got the feel that he enjoyed what he did and took pride in it. After spying several of the dishes going to the surrounding tables, my colleague and I changed our minds at least 4 times. We decided on the catch of the day which was chilean sea bass and the lobster nd cheese ravioli. The presentation of each dish was......simplistically masterful!!!! Nothing in either entree overwelmed any other component. The blending of flavors and especially textures were the stuff of legend. Cripsiness, delicatness, savory, sweet, in each and every bite. Deserts are limited but are equally as decadent Not to be missed. The wine list is extremely reasonable and there are specials if you ask. This place would be a sell out in any metropolitan area. The chef is a master in terms of getting the most out of some very simple ingredients. His secret is freshness and selection. The flavors explode. A place not to be missed. WOW!!!

• Visited March 2012
Huntsville, AL
“Top quality for a small southern city”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

We can only say that the Albany Bistro is top quality. It is in an area you would not expect to find a restaurant in. It is in an older Decatur, AL neighborhood in an old local store building.
We have traveled there many times with friends and the food and service has always been exceptional.

• Visited April 2011
Decatur, Alabama
“Finally, an executive chef in Decatur..with skills!”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

The quaint restaurant is in an old converted mom/pop grocery/sundry shop. The decor is beautiful and the staff is friendly and attentive. The food is and has been marvelous since chef Joshua Moore joined the staff. Previously, the food and the wait time were hit and miss. Now, however, the experience is wonderful all the way around. The traditional menu has been well planned and the chef's special menus are amazing. I highly recommend (when on menu) the Chilean Sea Bass, the Crawfish Cakes, the Cherries Jubilee and the Pork Belly. What a great place to meet friends, have an intimate dinner with loved ones or just grab lunch.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank EMW422
Decatur, Alabama
“Absolutely the best food in Decatur, AL”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

During my recent dinner at Albany Bistro: FOODGASM!!!!! Chef Josh Moore is a genius! I cannot get over all the changes that have been made since the last time I was there. The décor is beautiful, the staff friendly and attentive, and the new menu is brilliant.
I started my meal with a Fried Mac and Cheese appetizer. At any other restaurant this would have been heavy, but Chef Moore makes it so light and d...elicious. The exterior was so wonderfully golden brown and crispy, you’d almost believe it had been born that way rather than fried.
This was followed by a perfectly seasoned broccoli cheddar soup. Anyone who knows me is aware of what a notoriously picky eater I am…. I LOVED IT! The texture was amazing and it had a perfect balance of flavors.
My entre was the Eggplant Parmesan. It was spectacularly fresh and light, and was served as a generously substantial portion. The eggplant was cooked flawlessly tender with a superb golden brown crunch, and the marinara was fresh and luscious.
To end our meal, Chef Moore prepared Strawberry Crème Anglaise. I am not ashamed to say that before I was finished, I was indecently propositioning my dessert! It was warm and velvety smooth, the strawberries perfectly ripe.
I can’t wait to go back, and I hope you all will give this hidden treasure in Decatur, AL a try!

• Visited February 2012