“Great FUN!!!!”

Point Mallard Waterpark
Ranked #2 of 24 things to do in Decatur
More attraction details
Owner description: Water park, playground, beach and mini-golf course.
Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great FUN!!!!”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We went to Point Mallard during our Alabama vacation,we had a great time!!! Daughter loved it! The pools do get crowded but it was not too bad,the wave pool was fun and lots of stuff for the kiddos....the gift shop could use a make over they did not offer hardly any souveniers,we would have bought some if they had them:(

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Vagurl76

Decatur, Alabama
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great in the past”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I get a pass to the Waterpark wave pool each year and it has declined for the past 5 years. I continue to let management know about the lack of cleanliness - they allow people in the pool with street clothes on, a mother was nursing her baby in the pool, the pool is too small for the crowds. If you swim after 12 noon, there is no room at all. No parking either. I have seen fights in the wave pool - not much attention given by management.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Cindy S
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Too crowded, Too small... Needs Updated.”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This place is decsent to cool off and try to have a little fun in the sun, but it is so overcrowded there is hardly enough room to walk around or swim. They have a large wave pool, it got dangerous when a large group of hoodlums took it over!

1 Thank RollTideTraveleroffour
Huntington Beach, California
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Beautiful view”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This waterpark had a beautiful view of the river and a great price to go with it. Great slides and the best diving boards ever river swimming along with a wave pool.

2 Thank Debbie W
Priceville, Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Over crowded”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I have been coming here at least once a year for the past 18 years (i live in the area), but in recent years the amount of people vs. pool space is ridiculous! We are season ticket holders and my kids enjoy it, however, next year I think we will be looking at other community pools. The olympic pool has a small swim space that on more days then not is so packed you can not swim. My children are always getting ran over by someone and are unable to play with a ball or rings because there isn't enough room. Not to mention the smell of urine, the bath water warm pool (due to over crowding), rude employees, fights breaking out daily, and horrible bathroom facilities. My family and I will NOT! be back until improvements are made which might be never.

Visited May 2012