“Lighthouse maybe overrated.”

Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Dauphin Island
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Went to the lighthouse two times this week. Once for lunch and had a turkey sandwich and it was OK - Subway is better. Went for breakfast and had a cinnamon roll to go. Was better than what we had for lunch the day before but would have been better served warm.

There are newer reviews for Lighthouse Bakery

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This will be my 6th year vacationing at Dauphin Island. I fell in love with it the first year. My mother had passed away Christmas Day 2006. I already had my trip planned so I went. The beauty of the island helped me heal.

I stopped at the Lighthouse Bakery that first morning. The staff was friendly, helpful and knew the product they were selling. Every article I have purchased there has always been of the highest quality. My favorite has to be the crab dip though. Usually I purchase a loaf of French bread with it.

I would suggest that you checkout Lighthouse Bakery!

2  Thank Bruce C
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Sunday mornings they served assorted omelets and there wasn't a table to be had inside or out. The other mornings, exceptional baked goods tempted even the skinny dieting types. The turnovers were worth fighting over. Our favorite place on the island!

2  Thank TampaFLRuthy
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I love the Lighthouse Bakery!!! It was like coming home, I was always treated like family and it was sad to leave Dauphin Island after living there for 3 months and the Lighthouse was a big part of that. The Sunday Omelets was a special day and well worth the wait, though getting food to go was a way around that. The best coffee in the gulf region! If you go to Dauphin Island, you better make a stop or two or five!

1  Thank Jason K
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This bakery is a favorite for locals and visitors alike. You need to get there early as their pastries sell out quickly.

2  Thank CMWynn