“Simple, basic motel-Good Value”
Review of Gulf Breeze Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dauphin Island
Gulf Breeze Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dauphin Island
Savannah, Georgia
“Simple, basic motel-Good Value”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We enjoyed our 2 nights at the Gulf Breeze Motel. It is a basic, simple motel with comfortable beds, flat screen TV's and a small fridge. Friendly staff. No pool (we were told that the "shag" carpet was new). The Gulf Breeze Motel is across the street from a beautiful, natural, public beach / pier. Beach visitors are apparently expected to pay to park in the beach parking lot OR pay to WALK through the beach parking lot. The beach has plenty of natural splendor, including sand dunes with sea oats, pelicans and herons. Beach visitors can swim in the open ocean or in a quiet, shallow cove area.

Room Tip: two levels, no elevator.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank wishiwasrich

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Morriston, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Close to everything...very clean...friendly check-in! Stayed 3 nights in room 108. Will return. My sister and her family rented a beach house one mile away...this was just what we needed, a clean place close to them. Pets are allowed and the bike path is right across the street. I really appreciated their sign that had lights; made finding the turn after dark easy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Helen K
Mansfield
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights. Rooms were clean, beds were comfy, only 2 downfalls, no ice and no microwaves in room (there was one in washer/dryer area for guest to use however) and here is a mini fridge in room. The location was great! in walking distance of beach/places to eat. Very impressed by up keep of everything since it is an older motel. Would recommend to others if staying in Dauphin Island.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank beachbumburr
Michigan
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Perfect vacation at the beach! Older building is perfectly maintained and spotlessly clean. Comfortable beds and large kitchen / living room area. Huge lawn behind with picnic tables and grills. Directly across the street from a huge public beach on the Gulf. Friendly, helpful staff. I would go here every year if I could. One of the nicest places I have stayed.

Room Tip: Second floor is reached via outdoor stairs.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank gleweliz
Sikeston, Missouri
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed our week at this little motel. Two full sized beds, refrigerator and coffee maker for $650 for a week, $95 for one night. Staff is friendly, bed is comfortable, sheets felt great and were so fresh smelling. We did have late room cleaning a couple of days but didn't care--was glad to take fresh towels and smile after a day on the beach. We will do this place again!

• Stayed June 2013
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I don't usually give five stars but this place earned it. If you are looking for a five star hotel chain with mints on the pillow, this is not the one for you. We were looking for a clean, comfortable, and reasonably priced room and we were not disappointed. The place is quaint and right across from the beach. The employees/owners were all very nice and accommodating. We met a friend with a boat for the weekend and there is a landing and a boat slip right on the property. The room was very quite. There are picnic tables outside for grilling and such. No pool but the gulf is across the street. Laundry at the facility to wash away the sand before going home. The only negative thing I can say is , there is no ice machine. They really should have an ice machine on the gulf, in the heat. Other than that, nice job gulf breeze.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 203. The blinds and curtains are on the thin side so our room was great because th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Loxley, Alabama
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I've seen it all when it comes to hotels, motels & other rentals. Clean, dirty, down right nasty and those that I wondered how they were still in business. Gulf Breeze is without question one of the finest , cleanest, best maintained motel I've stayed in.This is a small 32 room 2 story "Mom & Pop" type motel which I love to stay at. On my arrival to the room / I immediately started looking for "what was wrong with it"? NOT ONE THINGI can not find one complaint. No motel/hotel smell. Blindfold me / take me to a room let me smell it and I can tell you it's motel or not. Beds are nice and all sheets, towels and pillows smell clean and fresh NO MOTEL SMELL. The husband and wife owners have done an excellent job providing such a high quality motel. My family and I will be back but we will be staying longer.The island here is also wonderful.

• Stayed June 2013
La Quinta Inn & Suites Mobile - Tillman's Corner
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#39 of 64 in Mobile

Been to Gulf Breeze Motel? Share your experiences!