“"THE GOOD THE BAD & THE UGLY & THEN THE EXCELLENT- GULF BREEZE MOTEL"”
Review of Gulf Breeze Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dauphin Island
Gulf Breeze Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dauphin Island
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I've seen it all when it comes to hotels, motels & other rentals. Clean, dirty, down right nasty and those that I wondered how they were still in business. Gulf Breeze is without question one of the finest , cleanest, best maintained motel I've stayed in.This is a small 32 room 2 story "Mom & Pop" type motel which I love to stay at. On my arrival to the room / I immediately started looking for "what was wrong with it"? NOT ONE THINGI can not find one complaint. No motel/hotel smell. Blindfold me / take me to a room let me smell it and I can tell you it's motel or not. Beds are nice and all sheets, towels and pillows smell clean and fresh NO MOTEL SMELL. The husband and wife owners have done an excellent job providing such a high quality motel. My family and I will be back but we will be staying longer.The island here is also wonderful.

• Stayed: June 2013
6  Thank susan b

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed here on a trip across country. We had just purchased a plane in FL. The hotel was a fairly easy walk from the airport and close to several restaurants and bars. The hotel is clean and the staff friendly (along with the other guests). It was off season so we mostly had the area to our selves.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WorldExplorer26
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This motel is by all means clean. The staff is polite, friendly, and go out of there way to please the customers. When I go into a room, the first thing I notice is its appearance, then the smell. This motel passed my test and I have walked out of many because of smells or looking unclean. It is a quiet, family oriented facility. Never once have I been disturbed when I stayed at the motel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kim D
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times and absolutely loved it! I loved it so much that I planned a trip, booked a suite and invited family to come and stay! What a MISTAKE!!!! I booked my room in March and had everyone drive 6-8 hours to the hotel only to find out that our reservation had been cancelled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And not by us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After several minutes of telling us that they could not find our reservation, they finally found it in the cancelled stack....it had been cancelled on April 15......I think that they overbooked and did it themselves and tried to blame us. They did not care how far we drove, that we had over 200 bucks in groceries and that we had several small children that we had to think about. All we got was, I'm sorry and I got called a b$%#h by the worker behind the counter because I was upset. No trying to help us find a place to stay, no I'm sorry for the idiot employee who made the mistake, no trying to salvage this at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, BEWARE when you make a reservation.............quadtruple check it because they tend to employ people who obviously have no idea about customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
11  Thank Kristy0168
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Spent two nights at the Gulf Breeze Motel. Older property but very clean and freshly painted. Room had two beds, fridge, flat screen TV, coffee maker and wireless internet. Beds were comfortable with nice linens. Sink was outside of bath with large counter space and mirror. Short walk to public beach. Restaurant nearby. Management and staff were very nice and accommodating.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cajun_girl_1
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I shared a suite so we each had our own bedroom! Nice. It backs up to the bay, had a decent flat screen tv and kitchen. It is basic - not luxury and it was perfect for us. Just the kind of place I like.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank traveler494
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is a good non-chain motel. The room was large and clean and the mattress was the BEST I have slept on in years. You can walk to the public beach from here. On the other hand, the air conditioner did not work very well. The thing I couldn't understand was that the outside lights burned very brightly all night right outside our window. While I appreciate the (probably unnecessary) security, our room was quite light all night even through shades and curtains.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
La Quinta Inn & Suites Mobile - Tillman's Corner
Gulf Shores Plantation
Gulf Shores Plantation
#8 of 25 in Gulf Shores

Been to Gulf Breeze Motel? Share your experiences!