“I hope it stays a secret so it won't be crowded!”
Review of JT's Sunset Grill

JT's Sunset Grill
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I love fish! Shell fish ..... white fish .... mmmmmm. I live in Michigan ... yes we have lots of lakes but no shrimp or oysters .... I used to live in NJ and had fresh fish there too but oh how I miss it living in the mitten. Jt's is nothing fancy ..... but it is right on the water and you can sit inside or out. It is not a large place but it is clean and you can't beat the view of the boats and water.
When I saw the shrimp/crab bisque I wanted it ... and so did the hubby. We decided to split a bowl. It was so delicious! I asked for the recipe but JT had run out to do an errand. I then could not decide on what to try. So I got the seafood platter. It was grilled shrimp, grilled whitefish and fried oysters. It comes with fries, hush puppies and coleslaw. AH MAH ZING!!!! Perfectly seasoned ... perfectly grilled. Everything was light and delicious. My husband had the special , which was fresh caught mako fish. He had his blackened and he loved it. Again, the seasoning and prep on this done exactly right.
Our waitress was friendly and so helpful. I asked so many questions and she was so patient with me. My little guy had the burger and fries. Cooked just right and he wolfed it down.
This is a must stop for us next time we are in Mobile! We will make the trip down here.
I wonder if they would freeze some bisque and ship it to me????

2  Thank Kunamom

Reviewed July 31, 2014

My wife and I live about ten miles north of Dauphin Island. It's an area that is about midway between the island and a ton of restaurants to the north. We consistently pick JT's. The food isn't pretentious it's just good. It is served on paper plates and we eat on the deck overlooking the sound. Order the shrimp tacos or the soft shell crab and you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I enjoyed eating some fresh shrimp at JT's- and the crabcakes were scrumptious! ( made by a nearby cajun grandma, aurthentic, for sure!)-The spices ( I got it blackened) could've been a bit more spicy for my taste but overall the food was good-and the service was excellent. This was our first night on the Island so the VIEW really felt magical- The Harbor and the boats at night were really picturesque from the dock/patio where we dined.. ATTN! Quick consideration- There is a bar upstairs ( a different owner)- You can eat up there but cannot drink downstairs- KIDS cannot go up to the bar- so parents, be adivisedi if you are looking forward to a cocktail or a beer with your dinner!!

Reviewed July 29, 2014

This is a must visit restaurant if you are in the area! The grill shrimp were fantastic!, The grilled Grouper was the best I have had in a very long time!. Everything we ordered was very tasty. The staff was friendly and the service was great. We had one of the tables outside and witnessed a wonderful sunset! Great ending to a great day! Think about getting there a little early, the restaurant fills up fast! If you like seafood, go here!

Reviewed July 21, 2014

The food was wonderful and our server was very busy but totally attentive to our table. Our party had blackened fish tacos- 5 stars, shrimp po-boys, blackened fish po-boys, both 5 stars. Everyone wants to go back before our trip ends!

1  Thank Ksbar