Review Highlights
Nice Little Ride

About a 45 minute ride across the bay from Fort Morgan to Fort Gaines (or Fort Gaines to Fort... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
DanaO_1961
Naperville, Illinois
Faster than driving around the bay to Dauphin Island from Fort Morgan

This is very efficient for travel when it is not super crowded, and they do increase frequency of... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Brian J
Alexandria

All reviews gulf shores fort morgan nice ride mobile bay minute ride fun trip observation deck long wait takes about minutes return trip both ways loading and unloading bellingrath gardens short cut saw dolphins a round trip ticket wait times
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Beware, they park your car VERY close to the others and make sure u lock your emerg break as we saw a car almost roll into another one. Ride is smooth and they load and unload very quickly. Lines form fairly early and make sure if u are doing some tours, u allow for time on ferry and time if u dont get on at the time u wanted. One ferry holds 28 and the other 18 vehicles. Only negitive would be the views of the natural gas platforms all over. Takes away from the beauty of the Gulf but what can you do.

2  Thank jweith
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Got to see dolphins playing and just a great ride!!!!! We walked on. You can drive on it. We liked it

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

My wife and myself decided to take a cruise on the ferry. We didn't see much sea life but did catch a few glimpse of dolphins. Pretty nice ride also it was pretty hot not so sure it was $10 worth a piece.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We misread the times on the website and showed up a little late. It wouldn't have mattered much as the line to get onto the ferry was long! We had to wait another cycle and then made it one the next trip. Not much to do around the area while waiting. There is a little refreshment stand and such but it is an operational ferry. So, you sit and wait. They did a good job loading the cars and we rode across without any issue. We would have arrived to our destination in about the same amount of time but we may have come out ahead in gas price and frustration in driving.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've used the ferry for over 15 years, both as a walk-on for the pleasure of the ride and as a shortcut to Ft. Morgan and it's always been fun. The only complaint I have is not about the ferry service or operation but the attitude of some of the other riders and lack of help from the crew. Last trip a car pulled up so close to mine that I could not open my door to get out. When I asked the man collecting the fare to remedy the situation, he shrugged his shoulders and walked away. Had an emergency situation arose, with my mobility limitations, I would have had great difficulty getting over the console and out the other side door. The option for last visit did not include the date of my trip, Spring of 2011, so I chose the last one listed.