“LOVELY”

Dauphin Island Public Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We were given a tip from a sweet lady at Bailey's Seafood to turn left on the island for a more secluded and remote experience of the island and she was right. There were quiet shaded benches to finish our sandwiches, bird watch and talk to some local fishermen. Further on past the fort was a wonderful post to stop and stroll, stick your toes in the white sand and feel the breeze on your face. Set up a chair and pretend you own the place.

1  Thank Bryan M
There are newer reviews for Dauphin Island Public Beach

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We have a house on the Island and visit frequently. There is the main public beach but there is also a paid beach with less walking and less riff-raf as well as roads with beach access. Drive past the public beach and look for the cars. Get there earlier and parking will not be an issue.

5  Thank IliveintheD4
Reviewed August 2, 2013

majestic sand dunes with sea oats, herons and pelicans. Swim in the open ocean or in a quiet, shallow cove. Dauphin Island Public Beach charges to park or walk in.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Only five dollars to park. There is a very wide, very nice white sand beach. The public pier has several showers along the walk way for you to inse the salt water off after you are done. We took our two small kids here and there was plenty of space for them to rip and run and build sand castles and not bother anyone else.

1  Thank Kris S
Reviewed July 31, 2013

First, let me start by saying that I am from Mississippi....so the Island was beautiful to me...very untouched, scenic, blue-green water, lots of birds, and beautiful white sand beaches...I loved it...Mississippi, is where I am from and I do think our coast has its beauty but the waters off the coast of AL makes most Mississippians sick because it is just soooo freakin close...nevertheless, if you are a couple looking for a quiet place away from the crowds along with little congestion...then this is the place!!! I do want to remind you that this place is mainly about the beach...if your looking for nightlife, condos, restaurants, etc then this is not the place. My only complaint would be that trashy scenery on the two way highway going down to the island. Come Bayou la Batre residents!!! Clean up your yards! Also, the beach is a little tough on ice coolers! Oh and the beach is public but you have to pay a small fee to enter :( Enjoy your time and I hope you enjoy the beauty of Dauphin Island, Alabama !

4  Thank Irene R