“Beautiful Restaurant, World-Class Food”

Islanders Restaurant and Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We treated ourselves to lunch one beautiful, sunny day in February, 2013 and had the shrimp po-boy sandwich and corn bisque with crab claws. Everything was delicious! We had our lunch on the outside deck, surrounded by beautifully manicured palm trees. The weather was perfect, the service was 4-star exceptional and I would recommend this perfect place to anyone, anytime!

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I brought my daughter and her friend for dinner - the first time we ate out on the island. The waitress was downright rude! Both girls ordered shrimp plates and they said the shrimp was good. The plate came with two sides, but three of the 5 sides offered were potatoes , tthe other two were broccoli and coleslaw. I ordered an oyster poyboy - it came with either mashed potatoes, french fries, or yukon chips. When I asked the waitress what the yukon chips were, she said they were homemade potato chips. I asked her if they were good and she looked at me like I was an idiot and said "Well, they're potato chips". She was slow bringing the codiments we asked for - I had to ask more than once.

3  Thank jctucker2
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Lunch was exceptional. Our party of four enjoyed a variety from hamburgers, a patty melt, and a shrimp basket. I also had their excellent gumbo made with fresh seafood. We all shared desert of key lime pie and home made bread pudding. Service was friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was relaxed with a panoramic view of the beach. Beach Sandel friendly yet it has the feel that you could dress up for.

1  Thank CMWynn
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Live entertainment some weekends. Good music other times. Fine dining in flip-flops is their slogan--pretty much true. Always fresh seafood. After all they are surrounded by water being on beautiful Dauphin Island. This is the best place to eat on the island. Only downside is about 17 steps up to the dining level.

1  Thank asialover24
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I had the shrimp basket with yukon chips...the yukon chips came with jalapeno ranch dressing...absolutely addictive, and a couple of Truckstop draft beers which were excellent. The wife had a salad with grilled chicken and a specialty drink, Something? Smash, which she greatly enjoyed. The best part of the meal was the bread pudding we shared for dessert...greatest dessert ever!!!