“I got a deal!”

Hilton Garden Inn Mobile East Bay
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Daphne
Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this property on a Saturday night, it was cheaper than the Hampton Inn which is where I usually stay. I was apprehensive because of some negative reviews but I'm so glad I checked it out. The lobby was open and clean. The front desk staff was more than nice. My room was perfect. I had a regular king room which overlooked the interstate. Not a great view, but I know there isn't much of a view from that area anyway.
My bed was so flippin comfortable!! It was adjustable!! I slept great. The bar in the lobby was small but nice. Drinks were great and super cheap! 6.50$ for a makers manhattan, unheard of!
The breakfast buffet was average. It was only $9 though so it was good enough.
The best part was check out time was at noon and they gave me a late check out so I had until 1pm to take my time dressing and packing up. If this hotel is cheaper or equal to the Hampton, I'd definitely choose the Hilton. It was absolutely perfect. I can't imagine how a full Hikton could be any nicer.

• Stayed: July 2012
BCG_Ron, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mobile East Bay, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Liese531,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It was great having you stay with us and we would love to have you stay here again in the future. During your next stay be sure to try some of the great local favorites served by the Great American Grill in our lobby. In addition to our always-available standard menu, these dishes showcase the area and its food.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Mobile East Bay

Reviewed July 8, 2012

This would be my top choice** Value, location, clean, service is all excellent! We travel a lot.. first time in a long time not only was the bed comfy having it's on pressure control mattress, but the comforter was real clean & smelled clean.. waters & cookies in room...bar & restaurant...happy hour with cheap prices... chef cooks well..ribeye poboy was excellent! Right off I-10 ....this is where we would stay again:-)

madisonvillebabydoll,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We enjoyed having you here and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future. During your next stay ask an Associate about all the nearby shopping. There are outlets, multiple malls and lots of local boutiques in the area. Ask any Associate for recommendations and directions. they will be glad to help you.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We stayed here just passing through on a trip from Texas to Florida because the Mobile area is a good halfway point. All other hotels were sold out, so we finally found Hilton Garden Inn and it had an available room. We were pleasantly surprised to find the price was $40 less per night than the Comfort Suites right across the road! We had a huge king room, the hotel is very clean & well-kept, staff was super friendly, and it was a great value for the price. It has an indoor pool/hot tub and a nice little gym with tv's built into the cardio equipment. The only down side was no complimentary breakfast, but the lobby restaurant has a GREAT breakfast for $9.99, which is what we would spend at Ihop anyways. This is going to be our new layover hotel on our future trips! Highly recommend!

1  Thank TXFLgirl

TXFLgirl,

So glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for writing a review about it. If you enjoyed breakfast with us, be sure to join us for dinner. Mon. - Sat. the Great American Grill in our lobby serves great American classics and local favorites. If you are not interested in stay in, just ask an Associate for suggestions and directions to some of the great restaurants located nearby.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

This hotel treats its guests like the want you to be there and want you to come again. Very convenient to downtown Mobile as well as the Eastern Shore of Mobile Bay, such as Fairhope.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

TryitYoullLikeit,

It was great having you stay with us again. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. Don't forget all the local events that happen during the summer here. Not sure what's happening, feel free to ask an Associate what events are going on during your stay.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

First stay at the this hotel. First day of two day stay was great, check in smooth and staff very professional. Second day however, room was not cleaned until after 5 pm (at my request). Did
not care for hotel's policy of not changing linen on stay overs (changed at my request). My position is that the room rate is the same each day of the stay, therefore services should be complete each day of the stay. Seems like the wrong way to save a few pennies.
Spoke with GM who corrected the issue.He offered rate adjustment but rate was not the issue. Over all, very nice facility. Will stay at Hilton again but will clarify housekeeping policies before I arrive.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

wya11,

Sorry for the misunderstanding during your stay with us. Hilton's policy for all HGI properties is to change the sheets every 3 days for stay-over guests. This is part of their commitment to use less energy and water. There should have been a card on the bed when you checked in that explained this and that if you left the card on the pillow your sheets would have been changed every day during other housekeeping procedures. This same policy applies to the towels, we encourage you to help us save water, but will gladly replace the towels daily if you desire.

If at any time during a stay with us you have a concern or question about something please feel free to contact any Associate and they will be glad to help you. Thank you for writing a review of your stay and giving us the opportunity to explain. We enjoyed having you here and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

I have stayed at a couple of Hilton Garden Inns and they were not up to par. This one was different. The location is very airy, just after the tunnel bridge in Mobile. the air felt fresh and breezy. My window was facing some greenery and yes, by the freeway but the landscape outside was a bit hilly and full of greens. I liked this hotel. And they had some pleasantries like the complimentary breakfast on the go for guests, the usual cookies, and yes fruits on the lobby. This was the best Garden Inn I stayed in and I told the manager Bill Meadows? The price was a bit lower than the other one in Mobile so I came in, expecting a bad neighborhood or sub quality service. My room was very clean and I wanted to stay one more night but I was off to Atlanta. Check in was a bit rough because I got off on the wrong exit and the clerk was too busy to help me but once I got there, I felt alright and welcomed. It is just a Garden Inn but with extras and I enjoyed it! Thanks.

Room Tip: I enjoyed my room facing the freeway. the entrance road is a bit confusing. Parking is free and cl...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

second22,

Sorry about the confusion finding the place. Depending on which way you are coming from it can be a little confusing which exit to take. Once you are here though we are right next to restaurants, shopping and more. If you would like more variety in your shopping or dining any Associate will be happy to provide suggestions and directions for restaurants and shops located nearby.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Down a back frontage road be ready to have a GPS clean and if you are in the area is a typical hilton garden inn

Room Tip: in a wierd place but breakfast was absolutely super people are nice
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
BCG_Ron, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mobile East Bay, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

bobtrav,

Thanks for writing a review of your stay with us. We enjoyed having you here and we look forward to serving you again in the future. Our location on the frontage road allows guests easy access to not only the businesses and attractions in our area, but also to their corporate clients both here and in Mobile. If you are unsure about the easiest way to get here, simply get in touch with the hotel and any Associate will be happy to assist you with driving directions.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Daphne
Hampton Inn Mobile-East Bay/Daphne
Homewood Suites by Hilton Mobile-East Bay-Daphne
Fairfield Inn & Suites Mobile Daphne/Eastern Shore
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Daphne/Mobile
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#7 of 11 in Daphne
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Daphne-Spanish Fort

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Mobile East Bay? Share your experiences!