“Should be 3 stars instead of 2 1/2--probably the best Holiday Inn Express ever!!!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Daphne-Spanish Fort
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Daphne
Reviewed May 26, 2014

***Pay absolutely NO attention to any bad reviews---we have stayed hundreds of nights in hotels and this is truly the BEST HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS in which we have stayed...and let me tell you why.

We stayed here a full week in May and every single person at this location could not have been kinder to us. We had the two queen bed and sofa suite and it was so comfortable---and large for this sort of Holiday Inn. Our favorite lady is Debra at the front desk, and we had fallen in love with Debra by the time we had to go home! She truly cares about the guests here. The breakfast is perfect and offers so much food, with some items changing daily. I believe that the lady who oversees the breakfast is named Connie and she was delightful. This is the most comfortable dining room too---also with a large screen TV and leather sofa and chairs, with any magazine that you could want. I believe that coffee and tea are offered all day as well. Plenty of high chairs for little ones...who are especially welcomed here it seems :)

The gym is functional for a work out, and the pool and umbrellas are just wonderful. We enjoyed swimming, and it is such a peaceful area around the pool.

We truly could NOT find a single thing wrong with this hotel---this is how a hotel should operate!!! We felt safe, comfortable, well-fed and appreciated for our business----we are great fans of Holiday Inn (IG I believe) properties again. Debra and the staff have everything to do with this.

A note about the area--there is a terrific (and so friendly) ROSS STORE across the street from the hotel, and other stores there too. There are several restaurants right in the area, and two really good gas stations within two blocks, a Walgreen's about a quarter mile away, and a beautiful PUBLIX store right across the street. You cannot go wrong with this location. We just fell in love with Alabama and everyone who we met. We had not been to Alabama in over ten years. Also--we noted that this is the CLEANEST STATE that we have ever visited. Love the people :)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank TWEETYCCC
Steven P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Daphne-Spanish Fort, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. We strive to make each stay a memorable one, and we hope to see you again during your travels.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

I checked in to this hotel because it was a name brand near a meeting I was attending. First some slob was standing at the desk. He looked like a convict and he obviously worked there. Then, I was told that both reservations I made didn't exist. Had to get a room at the walk in rate which was way more. Then I got a room right next to the elevator and ice machines. You wouldn't believe the noise all night long. The pool is outside. It's crap and on the same side as the interstate. Noisy. Breakfast was crap. Good thing Cracker Barrelled was nearby.

Room Tip: Don't get a room by the elevators!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Steven P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Daphne-Spanish Fort, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

I am sorry that the stay this guest experienced was not as expected. We do honor requests to be away from the elevator or ice machine. I was never advised by this guest that they experienced any problems, and I am very pro-active in responding to guests needs.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Had to stay here because of problems with our house, but this is a great place to stay, close to Mobile, and right across the highway to great shopping and dining. The staff were top notch; friendly, caring, and always at the desk, They actually seemed like they enjoyed being there.

Room Tip: Hotel does face east/west, so chose the west side to avoid the morning sun coming in the window if y...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank charles b
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I had stayed in a newer HI express 2 weeks prior so there was a bit of an initial let down as this is an older but well maintained and clean hotel. The woman at the front desk at check in and check out was pleasant and accommodating. The bed was comfortable and the rooms were quiet. My only issue is that the TV is HD capable but does not receive an HD signal.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank fatdrunkandstupid
Steven P, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Daphne-Spanish Fort, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I will pass your comments on to the Staff. The Management.

Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

We were in the area to shop and visit Fairhope. The hotel is just off I-10 and convenient to shops, restaraunts etc. It is 15 minutes from my favorite place-Fairhope. Quiet, comfy room. The staff was friendly so I have no complaints.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We have stayed here many times in the past with no problems, however on this trip I presented my Company credit card to the Desk Clerk - he took it then looked up my IHG Platnium Elite member profile and put in an OLD Credit Card for the room payment and was told by the Credit Card company to TAKE the card from me. I immediately called the card company and my employer and was told that my card was FINE and that it had never been swiped or run......by the Holiday Inn. The point here is that the clerk kept insisting on taking the card from me and saying it was not a valid card when in fact he NEVER SWIPED the card I GAVE HIM...he kept using an old card oon file that had expired. It was very embarassing and the clerk and his boss were totally at fault not me. They never offered anything for their mistake not even an apology. They never admitted it was all their fault... We will not be staying here again....train your clerks properly - they must SWIPE the card that is given to them not rely on a card in the system that may be expired....

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Daphne-Spanish Fort, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear jeanninemr,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Kindly accept our sincerest apologies for the unacceptable service you have experienced with the staff. Please be assured that we treat this matter seriously and actions will be taken by the management accordingly. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with exceptional service.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 22, 2013

From the time we needed directions to the hotel to the time we left the staff was very helpful and pleasant. They made sure that we received our wedding treats that the bride and groom had left for us. Check in was a breeze, no more than 5 min. I took up most of the time getting directions to eat. The rooms were nice and very clean. The pool was nice. Breakfast was great!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daphne
Homewood Suites by Hilton Mobile-East Bay-Daphne
Hampton Inn Mobile-East Bay/Daphne
Fairfield Inn & Suites Mobile Daphne/Eastern Shore
Best Western Plus Daphne Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Mobile - Daphne
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Daphne/Mobile

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Daphne-Spanish Fort? Share your experiences!